By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Enter the Handheld Market with CES announcement

EaglesEye379 said:
XBLA marketplace and Zunecasts on a handheld will be a win for me. Imagine playing Geo Wars 2, Braid, Castle Crashers on a portable... big win.

Yeah, a lot of the games on XBLA would be perfect for a portable system. 

Around the Network
eliasg said:
imagine a handheld with XBOX360s horse power...

Oh, I'm imagining it all right. All that beautiful detail drawn on the tiny screen, the massive screen that can almost fit in my front jeans pocket if I twist it around just so, the whir of the fans and motors...

Oops; sorry. Battery ran out.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

I like the idea of a xbox handheld, but not in the way it's described. I would still buy it though. Hehe achievements on the go.

Millennium said:
eliasg said:
imagine a handheld with XBOX360s horse power...

Oh, I'm imagining it all right. All that beautiful detail drawn on the tiny screen, the massive screen that can almost fit in my front jeans pocket if I twist it around just so, the whir of the fans and motors...

Oops; sorry. Battery ran out.

I always wanted a sequel to the Sega Nomad!

But will it be better than the ipod touch? Maybe it will play the same games.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

sooo.....what is CES and when is it happening? also...i do not think this is what you think it is...if its anything at all.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I don't expect anything phenomenal from this...

Hopefully this isn't true as Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices division needs to focus on the 360 rather than sink time and money into a handheld.

I have a feeling their first gen handheld will be awful.

i have a feeling that the haters are so many in this world...