By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Enter the Handheld Market with CES announcement

lair...

Around the Network

will be interesting what microsoft ips go portable, my guess is halo and gears i think.

If you can download xbox Live arcade game to it I would consider and make it compatible with Zune software.

I can see as someone said, I can see some potential if it's going to be what ipod touch is to apple ipod.

Other than that they are going to have tough market to get into that already dominated with ipod and DS.

What will be interesting is watching that nutcase Ballmer unveil this thing.

THis is HUGE news I expected more posts!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

If Microsoft releases a device that is anything like what this article claims, then that device is doomed to fail, just like all of Nintendo's other competitors in this space to date.

Nintendo will continue to rule the handheld gaming scene until a competitor comes along that actually understands portable gaming. If these rumors are any indication, Microsoft does not.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

XBLA marketplace and Zunecasts on a handheld will be a win for me. Imagine playing Geo Wars 2, Braid, Castle Crashers on a portable... big win.

NXE to go. Would be cool if it took memory cards and you can plug it in and take your gamercard to go

The left analog nub should have been on the top and the d-pad should have been under it. It's less painful and would follow the 360's controller layout.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

imagine a handheld with XBOX360s horse power...

eliasg said:
imagine a handheld with XBOX360s horse power...

Imagine: Babyz.