By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii just short of 50000 units sold in switzerland

Of which Norway and Bosnia, they have already won before. The match with Turkey will probably end in Turkey's favour, but this still gives Nintendo a 2 points advantage (then) and a solid boost to get either first or second position.

Really now, buyoed by their U19 team excellent appearence in the U19 Euro (they finished 2nd) the Greek team is probably trying their best not to avoid disqualification.

However, I don't think they can do anywhere near as well as in Euro 2004. Their team is mostly comprised of old players who don't have the stamina they did 3 years ago. At best they will make it through the first round, but that's where their run will end this time.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
stof said:
RolStoppable said:
stof said:
RolStoppable said:
He's a good striker, but we need younger players in our team.

Btw, it's amazing how long this thread about swiss Wii sales keeps going.

It won't hold a candle to the Venezualan Sega Saturn sales thread I'm about to start.

A better idea would be to make a thread about the unpredictable high PS3 sales in Kirgisistan. You know, that explains where the often discussed missing "units sold to consumers" ended up. That was such a great joke back then in April after Sony's financial report, it put you well ahead of all the other mods on this forum.

Hehe, I was the one that made that joke back in April. Guess that means I already am ahead of all those other silly mods.

And on the football front. Some day, in the not too distant future, I expect to celebrate a Toronto FC victory in this thread. Ok, maybe it will be the distant future.

I knew that you were the one who made this joke back in April, I thought this would be clear. Did I use some incorrect english or are you just so proud of this joke (which you should) that you had to repeat that it was yours?

No, I used some incorrect reading ability. Well now I feel kind of silly. I think I might just have to BenKenobi myself. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

LOL that's what I get when I post at the same time in multiple forums. My brain gets messed up badly. XD

The Nintendo typo really was great, and "to BenKenobi yourself" should be added to the Oxford English Dictionary!

But talking about World Cup, Italy's victory was ok I think. Argentina would have been a good winner too, but it really came down to who was able to win against Germany, and Italy played a great game against them. The teams from the other half of the board just had the easier way to the final and France never really had difficult games. Of course, Germany would have been a good winner too, but who wants to admit that Germany has a good football team?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
England would also be my winner of choice for the EC, it's time that they win something again. I mean, it's been over fourty years now.

You know why they can't win. They're always losing to Portugal. But they did win that time... 40 years ago.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

but Spain and Brazil played lousy games against France, and England and the Netherlands were not in form either, leaving France and Portugal. But in my eyes, Argentina, Germany and Italy were all stronger than France and Portugal, making this half of the boards the more difficult one.

It's true that Australia and Ukraine haven't really been tough competitors, but Spain and Brazil were hardly stronger at the World Cup than those teams. It would have been right if Italy-France had been the semi-final and Italy-Germany the final.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

RolStoppable said:

France played very strong after the group phase, that's why it looked like Spain and Brazil were playing lousy. France played defensive and all teams had problems to score goals against them, even Italy only head chances after 3 corner kicks and that's about it for the whole 120 minutes.

Spain wasn't hardly stronger than Ukraine, I guess that's why Spain won 4-0 vs. Ukraine. And Brazil won vs. Australia and also had easy wins against Japan and Ghana. Italy's overall performance at the world cup was lackluster, they should have been eliminated before the semifinals.

In terms of best offensive football shown the final should have been Argentina vs Germany. I don't like both teams, but because I like to watch matches with a lot of chances to score these two teams would have deserved to play in the final.

I stayed up late to watch the Argentina vs Germany game. If that was the final, then I would have been very disappointed. Argentina played some fantastic football (inclusing the goal of hte competition) but their game vs Germany was terrible. They scored one goal and tried to sit back and defend for the rest of the game.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Since we are talking football in this thread, I have to say:

DC United 1-0 LaLa Gals (LA Galaxy) - with David Beckham in for the last 1/4 of the game.  Take that Spice Boy and Landycakes Donovan!

Anyway, agree that Italy-Germany should have been the final, what a great match.  Also that the knockout rounds were mostly disapponting due to the propensity of teams to play 4-5-1 -- even teams that had no business doing that like Italy (always played 4-4-2) and England.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

leo-j said:
RolStoppable said:
leo-j said:
Don wii told me ben banned himself...I didnt kno he was a mod though.

Name at least 7 austrian or swiss football teams or get outta here, bro.

What if I were to refuse?

The blues?

The bulldogs

The powers

Bombers

wait wat am I doin what does that have to do with wii sales?

hahahahaha oh leo-j you have outdone yourself yet again, those are all Australian Football League teams, its not the right country........ and its not even soccer!

/me wipes tears from eyes 

oh and the italy v australia game was ridiculous, most ridiculous foul for the whole world cup in my opinion.. italy where very lucky to get through