By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii just short of 50000 units sold in switzerland

RolStoppable said:
He's a good striker, but we need younger players in our team.

Btw, it's amazing how long this thread about swiss Wii sales keeps going.

It won't hold a candle to the Venezualan Sega Saturn sales thread I'm about to start.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Bring it on, Stof, bring it on

RolStoppable said:

Yeah really, not even I as the creator of this thread had expected that this topic will be so interesting to discuss.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

RolStoppable said:

You are qualified to post in this thread anyway since I remember you said that you don't want to call football "soccer" in another thread.

To be fair, "soccer" is an English term, not an American one (it's derived from "association football" -> the "soc" in association, like "rugger" is derived from rugby).  But I too prefer "football."  I also think "American football" is more rightly called "American rugby," but nobody here is ever going to go along with that.

Oh, to prove my credentials:

St. Gallen

FC Sion

Grasshoppers

FC Basel

Young Boys

FC Zurich

FC Lucerne 

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

RolStoppable said:

Austria's world domination in football starts two months from now.

You should put that in your sig, and design a calendar for your avatar with Euro 2004 and WC 2006 crossed out while Euro 2008 is circled.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network
elprincipe said:
RolStoppable said:

You are qualified to post in this thread anyway since I remember you said that you don't want to call football "soccer" in another thread.

To be fair, "soccer" is an English term, not an American one (it's derived from "association football" -> the "soc" in association, like "rugger" is derived from rugby).  But I too prefer "football."  I also think "American football" is more rightly called "American rugby," but nobody here is ever going to go along with that.

Oh, to prove my credentials:

St. Gallen

FC Sion

Grasshoppers

FC Basel

Young Boys

FC Zurich

FC Lucerne 

I'm impressed. Now order these clubs after the actual rank list and you become a senior member of this thread

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
omgwtfbbq said:
RolStoppable said:
omgwtfbbq said:
I'm from Australia.

it's almost Austria.

Plenty of people in the USA don't know that these are different countries.

@Stof

Please make a mod, I want to ban BenKenobi88.

Seriously, I prefer to be a regular forum member, this way the site is not accused of having Nintendo fanboys as mods, although BenKenobi88... hm...

well I was born in Argentina so I suppose you could say it's in my blood. It is difficult to call it football here since most people assume I am talking about aussie rules =(

anyway, Australia did better than Austria and just as good as Switzerland in the last World Cup, despite some terrible refereeing in our matches (how often do you see someone get three yellow cards?). So we're practically a football nation now =)

Well having two players from FC Basel in your team, it's no wonder that australia did good at the world cup.

Of course you mean "well having two players from Australia in their team, it's no wonder FC Basel does so well!"

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

RolStoppable said:
omgwtfbbq said:

well I was born in Argentina so I suppose you could say it's in my blood. It is difficult to call it football here since most people assume I am talking about aussie rules =(

anyway, Australia did better than Austria and just as good as Switzerland in the last World Cup, despite some terrible refereeing in our matches (how often do you see someone get three yellow cards?). So we're practically a football nation now =)

The penalty kick Italy got was a joke. If things ran good back then we would have had a quarter final Australia vs. Switzerland.

Btw, Austria boycotted the world cup. We don't waste our time to participate in unimportant tournaments like this.

Austria's world domination in football starts two months from now.

That was a joke. Even the italians here (there is a very large Italian community) thought it was disgusting. We got the short end of the refereeing stick throughout the entire World Cup, and also in the Asia cup (Grella getting straight sent off for touching a Japanese player in the face while going for a header) and it really pissed me off that we could have easily made the semis (sif Ukraine).

The fact that Italy went on and won the world cup after only beating us through a crap decision made the whole thing worse. I got so pissed off at all the diving that went on in that World Cup that I got turned off football for a long time.

EDIT: w00t! 1,000 posts!

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

RolStoppable said:
stof said:
RolStoppable said:

It won't hold a candle to the Venezualan Sega Saturn sales thread I'm about to start.

A better idea would be to make a thread about the unpredictable high PS3 sales in Kirgisistan. You know, that explains where the often discussed missing "units sold to consumers" ended up. That was such a great joke back then in April after Sony's financial report, it put you well ahead of all the other mods on this forum.

Hehe, I was the one that made that joke back in April. Guess that means I already am ahead of all those other silly mods.

And on the football front. Some day, in the not too distant future, I expect to celebrate a Toronto FC victory in this thread. Ok, maybe it will be the distant future.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

"hope Greece fails to qualify for Euro 2008.

You only say Andreas Ivanschitz because he plays in Greece, you probably don't even know any other austrian players, which wouldn't be a surprise though."

Well, you can't really hope for that anymore since Greece are first in their division with a good 4 points lead, and they also have the worst games already played -- meaning that it will be a huge surprise if they manage to not qualify. Either if first or second, Greece will qualify.