By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony should leave console war and go third-party (for everyones' sake)

Competition = Good for consumers

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network

I don't think having only two consoles on the market is bad

In fact I see it as being better for me, the guy who can only afford two at a time

SMcc1887 said:
MDMAniac said:

SMcc1887 said:
PS4 is destined for success. CHEAP (using PS3 parts), Sexy (like everything Sony), Powerful (Cell) , launch with gr8 games (devs will be experienced) and play blu ray (could be the new DVD by next gen).

Sony aren't going anywhere, they are still making money, and these are its darkest days. And Sony are not comparable to Sega. In terms of world power Sony as a multinational Corp is far bigger and better especially financially than Sega was to deal with tricky situation than Sega.

First bold: I wouldn't be sure about that :P You never know what Sony execs are capable of, remember PS3 was destined for success, too?

Second bold: Actually, Sony is like big sinking Titanic, you'd better have checked their health before posting your enthuasism

PS3 is still successful, and will become even more successful. Its just that as Sonys PS2 sold 120+ Million it makes it look unsuccessful.

I really doubt this. Sony has way longer to live than one night and Sony wont financially sink in the Atlantic, especially when they still make profit.

Sony is currently suffering from Liver Damage as they have drunk away to much cash. A few minor operations and a few years without as much drink and they'll be fine.

what exactly is your idea of successful?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

hayeya_k said:
@ Legend11

So you think that FF XIII is taking sooo long due to the PS3???? man FFXIII is super ambitious,, and the best coders in the world are coding for it,,,

didnt understand your point about Star ocean 4,,, its in development on the 360, your console of choise,,, how can the PS3 delay that ?????

Yes, actually I do.  Don't you find it odd that Star Ocean 4 is coming out on the 360 before FF XIII comes to PS3?  Which one do you think was started first?  As for Star Ocean 4 I think Square held off on major development on the 360 because they thought the PS3 was going to dominate like the PS2 did.

I'll quit gaming when sony does
does that make me a fanboy? yes? then I AM :D
lol

Around the Network

If not for Atari, Nintendo would not exist, if not for Nintendo, playstation would not exist, if not for the playstation, Xbox would not exist…I love my 360 but it’s true the Ps3 Is doing really good despite being released a year after the 360…If the ps3 would of came out before the 360 it would be a other story right now. So should sony leave the console war? I say hell NO………and besides Without the ps2 .....the Wii would not exist...LOL....If I don't make sense you are probally right LOL

Legend11 said:
*~Onna76~* said:
leo-j said:
I agree completely, Sony is holding the industry back, playstation was a terrible brand anyway

Meant sarcastic like this entire thread is, spoken from the heart of a true 360 fanboy... yeah then we take it seriously...

I'm leaving this thread because as usual the trolling around here is making me "sick".

You above all people should be agreeing with the post, at least in the message it's trying to get across.  I remember you complaining because the RPGs you wanted to play were spread across multiple consoles.  Imagine if the vast majority of them were on one.  I really think we would be seeing Final Fantasy 13 this X'mas or very early next year if it wasn't for the extended development time because of the PS3.  Imagine playing FF13, Tales of Vesperia, White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean 4, and many other great games NOW.  It's just too bad it couldn't have happened that way.

I don't think you know exactly what you are getting at here. You want the 360 as the only HD console, leaving no competition for the demographics MS and Sony are fighting over.

And how does the PS3 being difficult to program affect games Star Ocean 4? Square can't work on all their projects at once, so it would only be done when they had time to make it.

And how can you totally avoid mentioning the Wii in this kind of thread?

MrBubbles said:
SMcc1887 said:
MDMAniac said:

SMcc1887 said:
PS4 is destined for success. CHEAP (using PS3 parts), Sexy (like everything Sony), Powerful (Cell) , launch with gr8 games (devs will be experienced) and play blu ray (could be the new DVD by next gen).

Sony aren't going anywhere, they are still making money, and these are its darkest days. And Sony are not comparable to Sega. In terms of world power Sony as a multinational Corp is far bigger and better especially financially than Sega was to deal with tricky situation than Sega.

First bold: I wouldn't be sure about that :P You never know what Sony execs are capable of, remember PS3 was destined for success, too?

Second bold: Actually, Sony is like big sinking Titanic, you'd better have checked their health before posting your enthuasism

PS3 is still successful, and will become even more successful. Its just that as Sonys PS2 sold 120+ Million it makes it look unsuccessful.

I really doubt this. Sony has way longer to live than one night and Sony wont financially sink in the Atlantic, especially when they still make profit.

Sony is currently suffering from Liver Damage as they have drunk away to much cash. A few minor operations and a few years without as much drink and they'll be fine.

what exactly is your idea of successful?

Selling at nearly the same rate as a console nearly half the price, ploughing through the dark days when Blu Ray was unknown and the Cell was a mess to work with. Bringing out top quality games year on year and seemingly it has much brighter days ahead. Basically its successful in the circumstances. Its been more successful than i imagined 1 and a half years ago.

@ legend11

you're only speculating man, no hard facts, nobody knows which game started first, or if SE held off as you say

and BTW,, productions values of FF >>>>>> Production values of SO

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

This thread is a giant fanboy flamefest.

But then, the OP should've expected that going into this (and probably did).

*locks*