By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony should leave console war and go third-party (for everyones' sake)

darthdevidem01 said:
hmm....after seeing replies NO WONDER Legend111 hasn't DARED to post again in this thread...lol

He'll post. Legend's many, many bad things, but not a coward. He'll post.

I'm heating up some popcorn as we speak in preparation...

Around the Network

It would be ironic though, if Sony (SCEA) ended up as part of nintendo... perhaps as a developed Add-on...

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I see how your OP benifits sony, but not once did you mention how it benefits all other third party publishers. Your arguments are biased and weak at best. Publishers still make money off the ps3, call of duty 4 is at like 3 million sold on ps3. So are you saying that it would have been better for activision not to have sld an additional 3 million games? Really?

This should've been called "Why Legend11 should stop posting".

My personal favorite was "Japan is no longer safe"

Um, Japan goes like this: JRPG, boost, stalling sales, JRPG, boost, stalling sales, JRPG, boost, stalling sales, bundle popular game in Japan, boost, stalling sales.

Another highlight is about multiplat development. Last I heard, HD games were extremely expensive to develop, and require being on lots of platforms to be profitable or even an option... sales from most PS3 multiplats recoup their development cost. Porting isn't that expensive! It's not like you're building a new game from scratch! you have the content, you just code it for another platform. With time, we see the quality of PS3 versions of the multiplat improve. Developers are better at developing for it, hence the work is now cheaper.
Like it or not, PC/360/PS3 need each other to survive.

"I hope the third parties can weather the storm that can be partially blamed on Sony"

Okay, how is Sony guilty?

The one who should quit the hardware market is Microsoft. They can't make hardware!

Seriously, just stop.

a stupid thread and clearly a fanboy dream that wont happen. i hope ur being sarcastic because i know i am......

i loved the bit about ps3 exclusives should be on 360................well many of them like killzone 2 wouldnt work on a 360 simply because it cant handle it, i bet you would have to quickly swap in a sd 1 gig reader into the 360 everytime you change wepons for 360 version of killzone 2?

hey guess what i think microsoft should quit the console war also, mabey they should use the xbox brand and go into the toiletries business

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
PhalanxCO said:
RukiSama said:
lol.. i can't believe i actually read all this.. i had to stop right after reading the title..

sony (ps3, ps2 and psp) are doing very well.. ps3 in doing better that 360 considering that its been released 1 year (1 year and half in europe etc) after the 360 launch.

sony is playing his game, going straight headed with the knowledge that future will give its fruits.. microsoft is going insane to win the console war but, with not that fabolous results.. they still sell not that much more than ps3, and with ALL the best exclusive OUT!

when games like KILLZONE 2, GT5, God of War 3, White Knight Chronicles (and more) are out, they can even take the lead without many efford.. they've the possibility to gain userbase from all the zone (japan with GT5, FF13, WKC, FFV13..) (usa with GT5, Killzone..) Europe with (uncharted 2, GT5, God of war 3 etc)

Where's that damn Sony Fanboy calendar when you need it?

they are facts. lolz

360 have no more BIG exclusive to launch for now.. (except a couple or three max)

Microsoft fan wants Sony to exit console business? Who'd have thunk it?

I used to think that a gaming division merger between MS and Sony would be pretty cool since they offer similiar gaming experiences. PS3 hardware, 360 Controller (or choice of which you want), Xbox Live, Blu-ray, not to mention each others exclusives all one one console. Nintendo would still be around so concerns over industry dominance wouldn't be so worrisome.

However for people who already own both consoles, they would be missing out on some stuff. Games like Killzone 2, Resistance, Forza may have not been greenlit. That wouldn't be a good thing.

cool48 said:
HELL! Why don't Microsoft and Nintendo go 3rd party too, imagine that,Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo games all on the same console. I mean it would be perfect.

That would be perfect.  EA should make the consoles.  EA is right, we need a 1 console world and it will happen next generation, mark my words.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

*facepalm ...horrible thread.