By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Sony should leave console war and go third-party (for everyones' sake)

NeoRatt said:
MrBubbles said:
NeoRatt said:
I think that Microsoft should exit, but in return Sony and Nintendo adopt the XBox 360 OS and Live.

It is really Microsoft that does not belong making hardware. Sony and Nintendo are good at it. But Microsoft has the best OS and best online experience through software.

That way, you could buy a Sony or Nintendo box, and still play Gears, Halo, Resistance, Drake, Mario and Zelda on one box where MS gets money from the Games, the OS, and Live, and Sony and Nintendo make money through games and hardware.

oh yes...i forgot how reliable the ps1 and ps2 were.....  it took them 3 tries and microsoft 1.

The 360 hardware isn't exactly know as "quality"...  RRoD anyone?...

No I'm not a PS3 fanboy...  I have 6 x 360's throughout my house and more games then I can ever finish or count for 360.  But, Microsoft is a self admitted software company and they only do hardware becuase they have to, not because they want to.

I say, one console OS, with Live available through either Sony or Nintendo consoles...  Where I can play Mario, Zelda, God of War, Resistance, Gears Halo, etc. on one box rather then 3.  For the record, I would buy the Nintendo one because Sony has ticked me off way too much.

i think you missed my point...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Well you wish that Microsoft Becomes the only HD console manufacturer ??? are you out of your mind ??? Do you know the consequences of one dominant HD console especially if that dominante one is Mico$oft??? Consumers will be the biggest losers

at least Sony is forcing microsoft to slash prices and try to innovate (by copy pasting other's ideas) and by investing in new experiences!

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

I don't agree, unless this thread was made in jest, its a joke to think that's what Sony needs to do.

I laughed hard when you said LittleBigPlanet would sell better on the 360, without mentioning the Wii. Then I laughed harder when I read the part about Sony handing over the American market to Microsoft without mentioning Nintendo.

Good luck with your next thread.

NeoRatt said:
MrBubbles said:
NeoRatt said:
I think that Microsoft should exit, but in return Sony and Nintendo adopt the XBox 360 OS and Live.

It is really Microsoft that does not belong making hardware. Sony and Nintendo are good at it. But Microsoft has the best OS and best online experience through software.

That way, you could buy a Sony or Nintendo box, and still play Gears, Halo, Resistance, Drake, Mario and Zelda on one box where MS gets money from the Games, the OS, and Live, and Sony and Nintendo make money through games and hardware.

oh yes...i forgot how reliable the ps1 and ps2 were.....  it took them 3 tries and microsoft 1.

No I'm not a PS3 fanboy...  I have 6 x 360's throughout my house and more games then I can ever finish or count for 360.  But, Microsoft is a self admitted software company and they only do hardware becuase they have to, not because they want to.

I say, one console OS, with Live available through either Sony or Nintendo consoles...  Where I can play Mario, Zelda, God of War, Resistance, Gears Halo, etc. on one box rather then 3.  For the record, I would buy the Nintendo one because Sony has ticked me off way too much.

I think he meant the original Xbox worked really well.

Seriously though... i don't think sony has enough quality internal development studios to take advantage even if they were stupid enough to do this.

Most of their money has always come from 3rd party liscensing fees.

Around the Network

Dont threads like this really Piss you off?
I mean, what sort of reaction was Legend expecting on this one

SMcc1887 said:
PS4 is destined for success. CHEAP (using PS3 parts), Sexy (like everything Sony), Powerful (Cell) , launch with gr8 games (devs will be experienced) and play blu ray (could be the new DVD by next gen).

Sony aren't going anywhere, they are still making money, and these are its darkest days. And Sony are not comparable to Sega. In terms of world power Sony as a multinational Corp is far bigger and better especially financially than Sega was to deal with tricky situation than Sega.

First bold: I wouldn't be sure about that :P You never know what Sony execs are capable of, remember PS3 was destined for success, too?

Second bold: Actually, Sony is like big sinking Titanic, you'd better have checked their health before posting your enthuasism

*~Onna76~* said:
leo-j said:
I agree completely, Sony is holding the industry back, playstation was a terrible brand anyway

Meant sarcastic like this entire thread is, spoken from the heart of a true 360 fanboy... yeah then we take it seriously...

I'm leaving this thread because as usual the trolling around here is making me "sick".

You above all people should be agreeing with the post, at least in the message it's trying to get across.  I remember you complaining because the RPGs you wanted to play were spread across multiple consoles.  Imagine if the vast majority of them were on one.  I really think we would be seeing Final Fantasy 13 this X'mas or very early next year if it wasn't for the extended development time because of the PS3.  Imagine playing FF13, Tales of Vesperia, White Knight Chronicles, Star Ocean 4, and many other great games NOW.  It's just too bad it couldn't have happened that way.

Popcorn's ready, Legend. Don't let me down!

Kasz216 said:
NeoRatt said:
MrBubbles said:
NeoRatt said:

I think he meant the original Xbox worked really well.

Seriously though... i don't think sony has enough quality internal development studios to take advantage even if they were stupid enough to do this.

Most of their money has always come from 3rd party liscensing fees.

That's worse, though.  To go from a reliable Xbox to an unreliable 360.

To show steady improvement in quality over time is good.  To start well then go backwards is terrible.  I also believe RROD simply shows the risks MS is willing to take to 'win' from their point of view - and I don't think that's a good thing from a consumer perspective.  360 shouldn't have released when it did, as the various 'leaks' have pretty much confirmed the QA & QC cycle was far to compressed in MS rush to market, yet MS pushed ahead then simply reached for their wallet when the game was up.

Also, it's hilarious to argue Sony should leave the field.  You might as well argue MS should never have entered it.

It's also pretty silly to miss out Nintento in this.  IMO its Nintendo who's taken Sony's crown, not MS.  If you look at trends for this gen vs previous gen (as The Source nicely included within his recent 100 weeks analysis) its obvious that in fact MS is just chipping away, very slowly growing and having to spend a fortune to do so, while Nintento and Sony have essentially completely swapped places this generation.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...