) Fallout 3
4) Resistance 2
5) Left 4 Dead
) Fable II
) LBP
8) Dead Space
) Braid
9) Mirror's Edge

Braid is unrated. This is assuming they gave it the 8.8 that IGN US gave it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I swear this is the worst top 10 I've ever seen, it looks like a list of recent good games, and just because a game came out Q1 or Q2 in 2008 it got a lower rank or in Smash bros case no rank at all. Then you get decent games like Mirrors edge in the top 10 but not one of the best games of the year... it's either having pity on the low sales of the game, or they're really stupid...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I'm gonna go with the second one there.

Strike One: Killzone 2 preview
Strike Two: Top ten games of 2008
Strike Three: ???

PATHETIC JUST PATHETIC!

MGS4 BELOW 1 IS LIKE WORSHIPPING SATAN N STUFF LIKE THAT

WHERE IS GEOW 2??

I WILL NEVER EVER WATCH AN IGN AU REVIEW IN MY LIFE EVER AGAIN

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The reason GTA4 is still first is because that list was based off the scores they got when they were reviewed.. they weren't assessed again (after hype had settled down) and even if they were, no media outlet would ever admit it

Around the Network

@darth: You've actually watched IGN AU reviews? I feel sorry for you...

@tabsina: Well, like I said, the REAL IGN and Gamespot gave MGS4 a 10, IGN UK gave it a 9.9, so I'd say it's pretty damned safe.

Wait, no. IGN US gave it an 11/10. So, even in Rocketpig's scale, it's perfect. Take THAT, Rocketpig!

but just because they are the main branch of ign and gamespot (which has a lot of credibility) or not doesn't really make much of difference.. the criteria is "can they play games and review them efficiently" not "were they placed in the correct branch of gaming journalism"

Not even sure why i'm posting here, I still think numeric review scores are stupid since the written review is given value based on what the reviewer thinks is important, rather than the person (who skips reading the actual review) who is trying to find which game is best for themselves

10) Resistance 2 (shouldn't be on the list)
9) Metal Gear Solid 4 (way too low)
8) Braid (shouldn't be on the list)
7) LBP 9.2 (good choice)
6) Fable II 9.2 (good choice)
5) Mirror's Edge (shouldn't be on the list) 8.5
4) Dead Space (shouldn't be on the list) 8.8
3) Left 4 Dead (shouldn't be there) 9.2
2) Fallout 3 (heard it was good) 9.5
1) GTA4! 9.8 (most overrated game this year)

needs SSBB, MKWii. if Braid got on that list, why hasn't a wiiware game like world of goo got on the list?

extreme bias

lol some weird things on that list.

hmmm why you guys always get riled up every time one of these meaning less list is posted by a website? seriously man it aint that serious