By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quake on Wii using Homebrew - Amazingly fast controls

@Sky Render:

They could have used GLQuake instead. That looks to me like the vanilla version of Quake.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

i love homebrew!

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

I guess we'll find out soon enough if Conduit allows you to crank up the sensitivity that high.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
I guess we'll find out soon enough if Conduit allows you to crank up the sensitivity that high.

It would be a shame if some artificial limitation prevented you from doing it, wouldn't it?

@NJ5: Umm... turn speed has nothing to do with memory... it's just a number that they change o.O

For example, if turn speed is currently set to 5, and you wanna double the speed, you set the value to 10.

Now, if you were talking about how much motion blur that would incur, or something along those lines, I could kinda see where you were comng from.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

@thekitchensink: That's what I mean by "artificial limitation". Implemented by the developers in this case.

If it was a problem with the hardware, it wouldn't be an artificial limitation.

thetonestarr said:

If I'm not mistaken, the shareware version contains the entire game; it just doesn't have the entire thing unlocked.

Not in the sense we think of it nowadays, no. It does have the full engine and feature set, but it has a different set of map data, based on the game's earliest levels plus a few minor details (the shareware warnings and such). You can upgrade to the full version by replacing the map pack.

This is different from the modern sense of unlocking, where the game actually has everything -map data and all- but hides some of it behind software switches. The shareware version of Quake actually lacks the data from the full game, even though the code is all in place.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

That's what I expect Conduit to do. Anything less would be an insult. Granted, I am not referring to graphics, just controls.

looks like fun.. ive played quake on almost every platform that ppl have bothered with all the way from pc's mac's, consoles, HP PDA's.. next stop.. wii :)

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

I have just installed this and played it. It really is much easier to aim at that speed than I thought it would be :)

The running feels too fast for some reason, perhaps I'm used to slower games on my TV?