By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quake on Wii using Homebrew - Amazingly fast controls

Yeah, it really is fun. I made a review about this a while back.
http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/game-review-quake-wii-homebrew--117688.html
Great translation for a great game

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Wow! Looks fantastic. Any chance that something like this will ever be released on the Wii??

Guovssohas said:
Wow! Looks fantastic. Any chance that something like this will ever be released on the Wii??

You can already play it on the Wii. If you mean commercial games, The Conduit could be it.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I don't think the Conduit will allow you to move that fast. Maybe for look speed, but not for moving.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Obviously you won't move that fast. No FPS moves that quickly right now.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

i can get quake to work in my cellphone.

it's a nokia n82.

ti omap 2420 330mhz + a powerVR graphic chip. =P

@Jo21: I bet you can't play it with the Wiimote there though :P

Roma said:
thetonestarr said:
Roma said:
Cool with that fast controls you need better AI. Isn’t this faster than a mouse? I never play FPS on PC so I don’t know.

You can set mouse controls to be more sensitive, thus making them far faster than that.

oh ok cool,

Both a mouse and the Wii infra red pointer are accurate and fast enough to mean only the speed of your hand effects it, the problem with Wii FPS has been a balance between being able to turn fast enough, and having stability so that the cursor is not moving without you meaning it to.

If there was no need to turn on the spot in an FPS then the Wii remote is arguably the same speed, if not faster than a mouse because it would be basically like Wii play shooting (and there are videos of insane speed and accuracy in that)... but the 3D movement in the virtual world involves more movements than a single control stick can handle, which is why developers have tagged on the turning function onto the aiming (ie pointing left turns you left as well)

Personally I would love for someone to at least try to put the turn function back onto the control stick and move strafing from the stick onto the tilt motion sensing of the nunchuck.... I think it could work really well tbh.

TWRoO said:

Personally I would love for someone to at least try to put the turn function back onto the control stick and move strafing from the stick onto the tilt motion sensing of the nunchuck.... I think it could work really well tbh.

If I can get WiiQuake to compile on my machine I may try that out. I'll let you know if I get around to it.

Played it on my friend's Wii. It's pretty cool.
(>'.')>