By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Games that you think will fail to turn a profit.

I can think of one off the top of my head. Stranglehold. It's development cost is extremely high and it is coming out against a lot of other good games. Also Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I'm not sure what the development cost on that was but it has not sold that well. I know it's a port but I don't put the development cost on that one at less than 5 million. For the Wii I am thinking Endless Ocean. That game would have done well in Japan but the bugs seems to have taken the wind out of its sails and it's not really the type of game North Americans buy. At least I wouldn't.

Around the Network

Hmm good question.

Basically huge exclusives on PS3 have a huge chance of not turning a profit. Final Fantasy XIII might end up that way. And if MGS4 stays PS3 exclusive there's always this same chance.

For Wii there really isn't a dev out there going full out on an expensive project and if they are they have turned a profit such as Red Steel and soon to be Red Steel 2.

@zucas? Wat? You dont think FXIII will make a profit? MGS4 wont make a profit either? Thats just very hard to believe.

Games that might not make a profit are

BOOGIE!(wii)

EYE OF JUDGEMENT(ps3)

Stranglehold(360,ps3)

Those 3 games might not make a profit.

mM

I will also go off on the limb and say MGS4 will not turn a profit alone on the PS3. The development cost for that game has got to be really high.

Just by shear economics, games on the PS3 are currently more likely to fail to profit than any other system.

But that isn't a sure thing by any means. As for picking a certain game....

How about Halo 3?

j/k lol, honestly, I can't think of a game that I would say is most likely not going to turn a profit but thats probably because 3rd parties do their research before sinking cash into a game. The games that won't profit are going to be games that we have never heard of before and might very well never hear of.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

I will agree with the Stranglehold statement despite the fact that it is multiplatform, I believe it will suffer the same fate as Beyond Good & Evil, though I doubt Stranglehold will be nearly as good. I also want to say No More Heroes, the development costs for that game are fairly high for a Wii title, and it isn't expected to sell very well in any region.

Any oppinions out there for Ninja Gaiden? Do you guys think that game has turned a profit or will turn a profit? It's a port yes, but they put a lot of work into that game.

I am going to say Shenmue if it really is released on XBOX360

The godfather?

[

I think MGS4 may struggle if it stays PS3. Dewy is looking pretty desperate though in the scheme of things it'll be peanuts to Konami. I worry about No More Heroes & Zack and Wiki as I want them to be successul but not so sure they'll be hits. Pretty much every big budget PS3 exclusive will do well to break even imo.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.