Lifetime sales:

NA: 1.8 million
EU: 2.2 million
JP: 80k

TOTAL: 4.1 million

Around the Network

1,5 Milion first week, 5 Mil lifetime

i see atleast 3 mln

theres no reason why it should not hit that mark, with all the hype from beta players and review sites its gonna have a nice first year of course this is if sony, which in all sanity says they should, markets this bish (1 mln) and with decent legs carry it 3+ mln

so i say atleast 3 mln but i would love to see it 5+ mln

Capulous said:
I expect maybe 250k-350k range for the first week. The 1st one did not sell well at all, so I do not expect much at first.

If it fails to live up to the hype, I do expect a lot of backlash for this game.

Over 2 million copies = bad sales?

People commonly take VGC data as completely true, and fail to notice that it is sometimes missing an entire region...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Capulous said:
I expect maybe 250k-350k range for the first week. The 1st one did not sell well at all, so I do not expect much at first.

If it fails to live up to the hype, I do expect a lot of backlash for this game.

Over 2 million copies = bad sales?

People commonly take VGC data as completely true, and fail to notice that it is sometimes missing an entire region...

I did not take the VGC data as completely true, however I did fail to notice that the sales numbers only covered America. I just did a search, but I didn't bother to click on the link for killzone. Anyway the numbers may not be completely true, however I trust it to be a good estimate; unless you believe there is somewhere that has more accurate information. Where did you get the over 2 mil copies sold?

Around the Network

Im thinking 500,000 in the first week and about 4-5 million total

Well, Killzone 2 is going to be released in February of 2009, right? So I say for first week worldwide sales, it would be between the range of 700 to 850k. By the end of that month, I predict 3 million.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

i think this'll be the best prediction i've made, written or unwritten. i've always said internet hype does not equal to good sales. i'm very much anticipating a confirmation on that to keep the fanboys quiet :P

I'm expecting sales of 0 units LTD.
That way, I'll be pleasantly surprised when I'm proven wrong.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

1m first week