By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 sales predictions

4.5 Million

500,000 first week but will have tremendous legs

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
@bugrimmar, i will LOL at you, when LBP will pass 5 mln. And that will probably happen before the end of 2009.
Even Resistance 2 will sell over 3 mln. LTD.

299$ PS3 price will do miracles.

i would just like to point out a bunch of things about you crazzyman

1.) the price drop is a RUMOR. you're treating it as if it's a freaking solid announced thing. that's simply not the case, with tretton and sony co. denying it again and again. stop saying killzone 2 will have a price cut with it because it's simply not true.

2.) you predict 25 million ps3's in your sig by end of 2008. that alone shows how much of a blind fanboy you are. there's no possible way on god's green earth that the ps3 will sell that much by the end of the year. its totally ridiculous.

3.) you also predict that japan will sell 4 million in japan by the end of 2008 with 40k per week average. that's another ridiculous claim, and again shows how much of a blind fanboy you are. japan has only seen 2 over 40k ps3 weeks all year, and it's 1.5 million away from your figure. totally ridiculous.

so with these 3 facts, your prediction of killzone 2 is going to be way way way way way waaaaaaaay off. you have a history of overhyping and predicting too highly, so obviously your prediction for killzone 2 is going to be far too high. 10 million? please. ridiculous.

oh yeah, and aside from having no price cut (since its a rumor that has been swatted down time and time again), it doesn't have the holiday boost to help sales.

800k first week 3.2M lifetime.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I think Killzone 2 will do better than R2. It'll more than likely hit a million worldwide within a few weeks to a month of month and do modest numbers over the summer.

I think you guys are making a stretch by using Uncharted as an example of a PS3 game that did well after starting off with low numbers. Uncharted saw a hefty portion of its sales through bundles. The only way this comparison will be relevant is if Killzone 2 is eventually bundled.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Kantor said:
Barozi said:
First week ~1 million
LTD ~3.5 million

PS3 games tend to have very good legs, so I think if it manages to sell 1 million first week, it will have sold 5 million by the end of the gen.

Yeah well my prediction is based on MGS4's numbers (But of course without the Japanese sales)

MGS4 numbers were largely dependent on bundles.  Killzone 2 won't have that luxury (unless it becomes bundle later on a la Uncharted).

Having read some comments, why would generic shooter sell so well ? If Joe wants CoD, why won't he buy CoD?

I think 2M LTD is rather optimistic for KZ2, and Sony might hope only to break even with this title

Theres not much room for top-selling shooters any longer (look at the poor sales of Far Cry 2 and Resistans 2).

KillZon 2 will get pretty good reviews though (rufly 88%) and sell 2.3 million copies lifetime.

Kenology said:
I think Killzone 2 will do better than R2. It'll more than likely hit a million worldwide within a few weeks to a month of month and do modest numbers over the summer.

I think you guys are making a stretch by using Uncharted as an example of a PS3 game that did well after starting off with low numbers. Uncharted saw a hefty portion of its sales through bundles. The only way this comparison will be relevant is if Killzone 2 is eventually bundled.

Uncharted still saw huge holiday numbers and good legs even before any bundling. I'm not sure exactly when the bundling began, but it still sold a pretty decent amount without bundles. Besides, most of the PS3's biggest games (save for Assassin's Creed) have been bundled at some point, so Uncharted shouldn't be much of an exception.

I think PS3 owners will initially not support the game like they do to all of their great games. But this time it the sales will actually grow in the likes of the original Halo where it gets more popular as you go along and eventually become a killer app.