By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BEST FINAL FANTASY GAME cast your votes now

Seven.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
superbeast1370 said:
1) FFVII (I don't care what you Nintendorks say :P)
2) FFX
3)FFVIII
4)FFIV
5)FFVI

OMG you totally read my mind! lol My list would be pretty close to yours but....

1. FFVII (Cloud and Sephiroth......enough said. Their names are the definition of awsomeness)
  2. FFX
  3. FFVIII
  4. FFXII( its a whole lot better then many give it credit for. Usually downing it for being part realtime even though it still has an ATB bar,WTF??!?!Awful soundtrack though, music puts you to sleep.)
  5. FFVI

Final Fantasy VII! Why is this even up for discussion? Everyone knows FFVII is the most popular in the entire series and that is not going to change anytime soon. NES fans are simply in for another disappointment.

Most popular =/= best. 
And the comment I bolded, IMO, says volumes. 

FFVI is better, end of.  The competition may be close but in the end the victor is clear.  There are some old threads I can dig up on the subject if you like.  I think one of them may be from twesterm -- I know he posted there.  Also naznatips, I believe.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@Final-Fan

I have to agree that superbeast1370's sidecomment was off.

But being popular also does not disqualifiy FF7's stake at greatness.

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's not great. If so, the great Wii games will simply be disregarded in the future because it's *just* popular, without any considerations of their own merit.

And namedropping twestern and naznatips does not in any way support any claim. They have their own preferences. It's not like their preference is equivalent to 1 million votes or something. Even if they do, it does not diminish forevercloud's or superbeast's preference.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

Final Fantasy X

I'm having a really hard time deciding between 8 and 10... But I suppose, in the end, it'd have to go to 10.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VI.

FFVII

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Between VI and VII

VI.

FF X for best, FF VI for "almost best" lol.