By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BEST FINAL FANTASY GAME cast your votes now

FF6 was my favorite. It has better gameplay and storyline than FF7, which was probably because of Square's emphasis on graphics. I really liked the story of FF8, but the gameplay is broken.

Simply put, after the SNES era was over, I wanted more out of my RPG gameplay. FF10 was not bad, but FF12 just sucked. I own the game, but stopped playing it half-way through. It is just another "healfest" and you would think Square Enix would be able to match the gameplay of Baldur's Gate but they haven't.

Around the Network

-----Amazing------
1) *VI*
2) IX
3) IV
4) XII
-----Really Good------
5) VIII
6) V
7) VII
----Alright-------
8) II
9) X
10) I
----Bad-------
11) III

FF6
than maybe FF4 on DS, FF7 on PS

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Final Fantasy X

Then Final Fantasy Tactics

Take my love, take my land..

VII.

Around the Network

Well, I am going to say Final Fantasy X.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

twesterm said:
Easily VI

QFT!

FFVI FTW!!!!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

I've stated that I like FF7 the best, but I also like FFX. I felt that the battle system was poor man's Grandia combat system, but it was offset by a very nice upgrade system.

I also liked FF12. Initially, I hated it. But configuring the gambit system was very deep. And in the end, I found the combat in FF12 faster than the previous outings. Character development was poor, though. Vaan's conflict was resolved way early into the game, and was more like a decoration most of the game. Balthier, a Han Solo ripoff, was almost the main hero.

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.

FFVII

hotrodx said:
@Final-Fan

I have to agree that superbeast1370's sidecomment was off.

But being popular also does not disqualifiy FF7's stake at greatness.

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's not great. If so, the great Wii games will simply be disregarded in the future because it's *just* popular, without any considerations of their own merit.

And namedropping twestern and naznatips does not in any way support any claim. They have their own preferences. It's not like their preference is equivalent to 1 million votes or something. Even if they do, it does not diminish forevercloud's or superbeast's preference.

I wasn't implying that popularity precluded greatness in the least.  But it sounded like he was saying it was the best because it had the most sales. 

And I wasn't trying to "appeal to authority".  I only named twesterm because he commented earlier in this thread.  I mentioned naznatips because he usually (including in this case IIRC) has respected and well-supported opinions that he can (and has) backed up with good arguments. 

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion.  But I don't think the opinion I was responding to was well-supported, which hurts it when comparing it to others.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!