By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 48 (2008), Sonic Unleashed and Resistance 2 debuts

bugrimmar said:
resistance 2 isn't going to bomb. that's a chart only for the uk. just wait and see. i predict R2 will sell 300k at least in the whole of europe.

Even so is this supposed to be a great number for the flagship ps3 shooter? Oh LBP plummeted despite most shops selling it for half the price .

Around the Network

I expect around 100k for Res 2 in Others. 300k is impossible.

Chart-Track's news :

01/Dec/2008

The Entertainment Software Top 40 reveals that three-quarters of titles listed have increased their sell-through over last week – one of the biggest exceptions is Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: World at War’ (-30%), although the title still sits on top of the pile for a third successive week.

Both of last week’s big new releases climb 2 places this week with EA’s ‘Need for Speed: Undercover’ up from No4 to No2 (+35%) and Eidos’ ‘Tomb Raider: Underworld’ up from No9 to No7 (+12%). EA also take No3 with ‘FIFA 09’ (+12%) dropping one place to accommodate the rise of ‘NFS Undercover’, with Nintendo’s ‘Mario Kart Wii’ (+17%) also dropping one place to No4. Nintendo climb one place to No5 with ‘Dr Kawashima Brain Training’ (+28%) and Konami climb 2 places to No6 with ‘Pro Evolution Soccer 2009’ (+21%). No7 is the aforementioned ‘Tomb Raider: Underworld’ (+12%) and climbing 2 places to No8 is Nintendo’s ‘Wii Play’ (+3%). Activision Blizzard climb 2 places to No9 with ‘Guitar Hero: World Tour’ (-1%) and the only new entry this week is Sony’s ‘Resistance 2’ on PS3 at No10. This is the follow-up to one of the format holder’s original launch titles ‘Resistance: Fall of Man’ – however launch week sales of ‘Resistance 2’ are only around two-thirds of the original.

Ireland

(02) 01 FIFA 09 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(04) 02 NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERCOVER (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(01) 03 CALL OF DUTY: WORLD AT WAR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
(03) 04 MARIO KART WII (NINTENDO)
(05) 05 DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING (NINTENDO)
(07) 06 WWE SMACKDOWN VS RAW 2009 (THQ)
(13) 07 WII FIT (NINTENDO)
(06) 08 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2009 (KONAMI)
(__) 09 RESISTANCE 2 (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
(17) 10 TOMB RAIDER: UNDERWORLD (EIDOS)
(09) 11 WII PLAY (NINTENDO)
(08) 12 GEARS OF WAR 2 (MICROSOFT)
(__) 13 FALLOUT 3 (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
(14) 14 MORE BRAIN TRAINING FROM DR KAWASHIMA (NINTENDO)
(15) 15 WII MUSIC (NINTENDO)
(__) 16 MYSIMS KINGDOM (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
(16) 17 LEGO BATMAN: THE VIDEOGAME (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
(__) 18 FAR CRY 2 (UBISOFT)
(__) 19 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (NINTENDO)
(20) 20 BOOGIE (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

"however launch week sales of ‘Resistance 2’ are only around two-thirds of the original."

Does anybody know R1 launch week sales?

Around the Network

2/3 of 184K = 122K

so 122K Week 1 in EU if ALL OF EUROPE follows this trend..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I would expect about 150k for R2 in Europe, pretty rubbish, I think that continental Europe will favour the game more than CoD WaW, so UK will represent a lower percentage of its EU sales

Resisstance 2 had shipment issues, so no wonder it sold less then the first title...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Xen said:
darthdevidem01 said:
RESISTANCE 2 BOMBED!

Many British retailers don't have the game yet.

correct...........i went to asda,currys and tesco............on launch day they didnt have r2 in stock........i found it at game instead

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

As i said weeks ago

COD WAW will KILL Resistance 2 sales...

people feel COD is simply better

it will be like Saints row 2 vs GTA 4

Resistance 1 NEVER had the competition of COD3.......as COd wasn't a mainstream success then.

now things have changed a lot!

if COD WAW could manage ALMOSt 1 Million on PS3 in ONE WEEK....Resistance not being able to barely manage 1 Million in its first 2 months shows which game took sales away from which game

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey