By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

why would you make this thread, it's obvious that so many of the people on here do have the wii as their primary console so it's possible. Still people will come in and say it's not possible. All you have to do is read 1 page of the thread to know it is very possible. Wii is my primary console, if i was rich maybe i would have all 3 consoles but wii has far more games than I could possibly make the time to play or be willing to put out the money for. I'm sure i could have done fine with the 360 or PS3, but for the same amont of money i would have gotten far less games.

it's not that i don't have the money, i have plenty of it I am just not gonna spend that much on video games.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Nope, same goes for all current consoles. They are lacking deep strategy games and rpg games. All I see is (stupid) arcade games, which doesn't interest me at all.

Wii + DS + PC (aka a perfect setup for this gen) here.

This thread was made for trolling but I guess it backfired since most people replying in this topic use teir Wii's as their main console, yet some "snobcore" still can't stand it.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Wii is currently my main console and could very well take me to then end of the Gen but I do want a PS3 to have the occasional exclusive here and there like Little Big Planet. Other then that the Wii library is much better IMO and more diverse to take me through a whole gen without another console.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

It sure is. It's mine.

It has a much more diverse library than the other consoles.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Not only casuals, but Wii could be perfect as a relax tool for not casual PC gamers.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Yeah... It's my ONLY console. Just the way I like it.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Esa-Petteri said:

Oh..

Hell no. If you are wii only, you are missing most of the good games.

Not everyone may agree with you on what exactly constitutes a “good” game.

I personally much prefer racing around the Mall in Mario Karts Wii to riding around committing random acts of violence in GTA4. For one thing, I found the game boring. Secondly, I found it very distasteful because after 30 years of Forensic Medicine, I‘ve seen the results of urban violence quite enough. I do not find it even remotely entertaining.

@ Daddo Splat Remember, it is better to say nothing and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Grampy said:
Esa-Petteri said:

Oh..

Hell no. If you are wii only, you are missing most of the good games.

Not everyone may agree with you on what exactly constitutes a “good” game.

I personally much prefer racing around the Mall in Mario Karts Wii to riding around committing random acts of violence in GTA4. For one thing, I found the game boring. Secondly, I found it very distasteful because after 30 years of Forensic Medicine, I‘ve seen the results of urban violence quite enough. I do not find it even remotely entertaining.

@ Daddo Splat Remember, it is better to say nothing and be thought stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

QFT

I bought my 360 before my Wii and I consider it my secondary console.  The only game out of 7 I own that I can say I enjoyed was Kameo.  Also like how "most people" seem to play with their Wii's and stop using them, I've done the same with my 360.. well I can't say that, it's become my $400 DVD player.  Point is, the Wii is my primary console so yes it is possible.

Pixel Art can be fun.