By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?

That's a very personal issue. In my case, yes I could have it as my main console and if I get a DS it will be a great combo. I would like an xbox360 only for Resident evil 5 though.

Around the Network
dude17761991hatp said:
Grammar Police said:
Hippysnake said:
Voltaire said:
Hippysnake said:
'Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?'

If you're under 11: Yes.

If you're over 11: No. The time will come when waggling the Wiimote will no longer be the fun novelty it once was. The time will come when you just want to pickup a pad, laze down on a futton or bed, and just play normally, without putting any physical strain on your body. The novelty wears off way to fast for it to be a dedicated console this GEN. That kinda explain why there are so many second hand units around.

I just love it how people talk like what theyre saying is a known fact. So Again, something must be wrong with me because all i do is" pickup a wiimote, laze down on a futton or bed, and just play normally, without putting any physical strain on your body"

I must be an anomaly.

Learn to punctuate before quoting me. I feel rather silly replying to someone who cannot use simple grammar.

Anyway, time to address that not so valid point.
95% of Wii games require you to gayly waggle the Wiimote at least once every 45 seconds. The other 5% of games also work on GameCube.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hang on a minute, partner. I know that you're banned and I realise there have been lots of examples of bad grammar in this thread, but I couldn't let this little gem slip by. Who are you to call the kettle black?

If you're under 11: Yes.
If you're over 11: No.

In the above sentences, you are using a dependent clause like an independent one. The word "if" is a subordinating conjunction. A subordinating conjunction makes a clause dependent. When using a colon, the part of the sentence before the colon must be an independent clause. Using a comma instead of a colon would be correct. This one is especially relevant because it concerns punctuation: the very thing you were criticising.

The word "futon" is spelt as I have spelt it. I wouldn't call grammar simple, but I would certainly say that spelling is simpler. To save time, I have included a corrected quote below from both of you. The corrections are highlighted in magenta.

Hippysnake said:
Voltaire said:
Hippysnake said:
'Is it possible to have the Wii as your primary console?'

If you're under 11, yes.

If you're over 11, no. The time will come when waggling the Wiimote will no longer be the fun novelty that it once was. The time will come when you just want to pick up a pad, lie down on a futon or bed, and just play normally, without putting any physical strain on your body. The novelty wears off way to fast for it to be a dedicated console this GEN. That kinda explains why there are so many second hand units around.

I just love it how people talk like what they're saying is a known fact. So again, something must be wrong with me because all I do is, "pick up a Wiimote, lie down on a futon or bed, and just play normally … ".

I must be an anomaly.

Learn to punctuate before quoting me. I feel rather silly replying to someone who cannot use simple grammar.

Anyway, it is time to address that not-so-valid point.
Ninety-five percent of Wii games require you to gayly waggle the Wiimote at least once every 45 seconds. The other 5% of games also work on Gamecube.

There were lots of errors on both sides, and that probably isn't even complete. Can we please have no more unfair criticisms from idiots such as you? The time will come when you realise that faster polygon processing and higher resolutions are novelties that the industry has been pushing for many years now.

Also, grammar pwned.

@Grammar Police.

You are considerably more experienced at correcting grammar than myself, so I am not certain if I am doing this correctly, but the GameCube is correct as it is with the large case "C" as that is how Nintendo named it. However, I could be wrong about it when put into a sentence without the "TM". So either it should be "GameCubeTM" or "Gamecube".

JoeJ said:
senortaco said:
Soriku said:
Wii + DS = Set for gen. Will miss some games but I can get them in the future for cheap.

Throw in a good PC and you got yourself perfecto!

This ^^.

I've got a Wii, DS and a PC and I don't feel like I'm missing much gaming-wise.  I've thought about a PS3, for programming and BluRay, but I probably won't buy it until it's bargin bin price ($150ish).

I'm even luckier, as not loving portable consoles very much, I'd be all right with Wii+PC. Right now I've only a PC (and my old Intellivision at my sister's) and it's even too much, I must graduate and I haven't much time, but Wii is tempting me, when it will cost less and I'll have more time and more money...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Depends on what games you want, so yes.

4 ≈ One

The Wii is my primary console.

Around the Network

again no

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

TWRoO said:

@Grammar Police 

You are considerably more experienced at correcting grammar than me, so I am not certain if I am doing this correctly.  "GameCube" with the upper-case "C" is correct, as that is how Nintendo named it. However, I think that it could be wrong when "GameCube" is put into a sentence without the "TM". If so, it should be either "GameCubeTM" or "Gamecube".

You have successfully nitpicked the nitpicker. I was wrong, and I have changed my original post to reflect that. It has nothing to do with the trademark symbol and everything to do with a Nintendo-born exception to the general rule for capitalising compound words. (Gaming and brands are all over the place with it: Xbox, World of Warcraft, WarCraft.) I have highlighted corrections for your post in magenta. I tried to change as little as possible. Have a nice day.

I am unclear about what should be done with the line beginning with "@" in your reply. That part of your post is like a form of address. In a letter, you could use "to", and end the address with a comma. On Internet fora, it is generally used as I have highlighted above. I have followed the Internet convention, but if it weren't for that, I would put a comma after the address and remove the "@" symbol.

no

yes it is possible for someone to have the wii as their primary console. there is a such thing called the casual gamer. plus all the classic games they sell on the wii store would attract many gamers, including myself

i personally brought the wii for the classic games like super mario world, the original mario cart, street fighter, and much more. and also i need my super smash bros

Grammar Police said:
TWRoO said:

@Grammar Police.

You are considerably more experienced at correcting grammar than me, so I am not certain if I am doing this correctly.  "GameCube" with the upper-case "C" is correct, as that is how Nintendo named it. However, I think that it could be wrong when "GameCube" is put into a sentence without the "TM". If so, it should be either "GameCubeTM" or "Gamecube".

You have successfully nitpicked the nitpicker. I was wrong, and I have changed my original post to reflect that. It has nothing to do with the trademark symbol and everything to do with a Nintendo-born exception to the general rule for capitalizing compound words. (Gaming and brands are all over the place with it: Xbox, World of Warcraft, WarCraft.) I have highlighted corrections for your post in magenta. I tried to change as little as possible. Have a nice day.

My Corrections are in blue. I guess that no-one is perfect.