By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developers getting the hang of ps3: PS3 vs 360 multiplat comparison 08

anyone saying the difference is huge or even noticeable is lying to themselves or are blinded by their fanboyism,,,except for fallout that looks better on 360 the rest look 99.9% identical.

and yes developers have improved alot with the PS3 development.we couldn't say this last year.

Around the Network

anyone saying the difference is huge or even noticeable is lying to themselves or are blinded by their fanboyism,,,except for fallout that looks better on 360 the rest look 99.9% identical.

QFT! (Although I would say Fallout looked pretty identical while Force unleashed was slightly blurred on PS3)

The truth is simply in almost all cases you had to switch between both images multiple times to see some differences. As if this was in any case relevant. Popins and slowdowns seem to be the only significant difference which still exist in multiplats.

Im pretty sure you'd notice a lack of vines though!

Tease.

I only checked the MK vs. DC-stuff, and I think the PS3 version looks considerably worse. The character models are blurred to all hell.

These two consoles are identical. Maybe we'd see a difference if the PS3 had more memory, but as is, the PS3 is graphically a clone of the 360 with added blurryness on most games...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

I only looked at CoD 5 (I think the first 2 pics look better on 360 and the last 2 on PS3) and Dead Space (I think the PS3 version has just a bit more contrast)

My result: Tie in both games

NNN2004 said:
MrBubbles said:
leo-j said:
The DC game looks better on the ps3 as well, same goes with MADDEN the draw distance is better, Star wars looks noticebly worse.

As for the DEAD SPACE argument, yes the shadow "banding" kills the shot, but everything else on that screen looks singificantly better on the ps3.

seriously...whats the point of such blatant lying when anyone who goes to look at them can easily tell the ps3 versions dont look better.

the ps3 is the lead platform for the game and the game looks worst on it .. man i said that to sony fans before .. the games are great in the ps3 but not the graphics .. i didnt bought my ps3 becaus its have a great graphics no i bought it because its have some great games.

ps3 exclusive graphics > xbox360 exclusives graphics.

Check out my game about moles ^

The shadow banding in PS3 Dead Space can only be consequence of lazy programming. Otherwise it looks a bit better. Seriously I haven't seen such primary graphic issues even in N64 games.

They are almost on a par now.

Devs are getting clever.

The PS3's lack of power in the graphics dept is being well hidden by reduced detail and low grade textures to keep framerates up.

Personally as long as the gameplay is there, I'm happy as a gamer.

Did you even read what they wrote about each game for each system lol leo you are crazy man lol.