By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developers getting the hang of ps3: PS3 vs 360 multiplat comparison 08

NNN2004 said:
MrBubbles said:
leo-j said:
The DC game looks better on the ps3 as well, same goes with MADDEN the draw distance is better, Star wars looks noticebly worse.

As for the DEAD SPACE argument, yes the shadow "banding" kills the shot, but everything else on that screen looks singificantly better on the ps3.

seriously...whats the point of such blatant lying when anyone who goes to look at them can easily tell the ps3 versions dont look better.

the ps3 is the lead platform for the game and the game looks worst on it .. man i said that to sony fans before .. the games are great in the ps3 but not the graphics .. i didnt bought my ps3 becaus its have a great graphics no i bought it because its have some great games.

Are you blind? Dead space looks much better on the ps3.........

Results...

Soul Calibur 4 = ps3

Fallout = 360

Deadspace = ps3

Force Unleashed = 360

Call of Duty = ps3

Madden - Tie

It's split right down the middle, but Deadspace most definetly looks better on the ps3.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
For thouse that care about this thing:

Fallout - 360, much better draw distance and anti-aliasing

Soul Caliber - both look to close to name an advantage

Dead Space - to sililar to tell any difference, besides the shadowing

The Force Unleashed - 360 noticably better textures

Call of Duty WaW - 360 less jaggies and better draw distance, PS3 better lighting and clsoe up detail

Madden 09 - no differance worth mentioning

Mortal Kombat - PS3 version looks like crap, nad lighting, bad textures, crappy shader use

This is from a 55in XBR8, so I can see every little thing wrong blown out of proportion.

To tell the truth this is really a non issue. Besides Fallout, each game playes the same on both systems, and when you are actually in the middle of the action it is nearly impossible to tell the minute differances. If you want to argue graphics look at something like:

Gran Turismo vs. Forza
Killzone vs. Gears
God of War vs. Ninja Gaiden
Resistance vs. Halo
Ratchet vs. Banjo
Heavy Rain vs. Alan Wake

Thoue would be much better at telling just how much each system can push graphically. Third party games will always suffer on Playstations, because Sony forces them to programm for architecture they don't understand as well.

This

Sorry leo, They're getting better, but they definitely still look worse

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

Only extreme fanboys care about graphics differences that are THIS minute.... :P Especially considering 99.9999% of players won't be comparing these two games at the same time by each other, any slight difference will really go unnoticed.

@Soulsamurai: I take it you're completely oblivious to such differences as the Vines being completely absent on the PS3 version of COD WAW?

Tease.

soulsamurai said:
NNN2004 said:
MrBubbles said:
leo-j said:
The DC game looks better on the ps3 as well, same goes with MADDEN the draw distance is better, Star wars looks noticebly worse.

As for the DEAD SPACE argument, yes the shadow "banding" kills the shot, but everything else on that screen looks singificantly better on the ps3.

seriously...whats the point of such blatant lying when anyone who goes to look at them can easily tell the ps3 versions dont look better.

the ps3 is the lead platform for the game and the game looks worst on it .. man i said that to sony fans before .. the games are great in the ps3 but not the graphics .. i didnt bought my ps3 becaus its have a great graphics no i bought it because its have some great games.

Results...

Soul Calibur 4 = ps3

Fallout = 360

Deadspace = ps3

Force Unleashed = 360

Call of Duty = ps3

Madden - Tie

It's split right down the middle, but Deadspace most definetly looks better on the ps3.

ps3

are you blind ..

Around the Network

To be honest I have a hard time in any of the games to see one console as clearly "better". In WaW the PS3 has better particle effects but the 360 shot seem to have more details on some occasions.
In DeadSpace the PS3 shots look a bit more 3d and for the shadow: The 360 doesn't have shadows on the back of the guy so who is to say that it would look better if he was a few pixels further back or front?

Games look pretty much equal on both systems (not identical but equally good looking)

NNN2004 said:
soulsamurai said:
NNN2004 said:
MrBubbles said:
leo-j said:

Results...

Soul Calibur 4 = ps3

Fallout = 360

Deadspace = ps3

Force Unleashed = 360

Call of Duty = ps3

Madden - Tie

ps3

are you blind ..

I am looking at them both and i still say the ps3 one looks better to the tearing on his back, the character models in the backround and most definently the shadows.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

I have no doubt PS3 has the strongest GPU this gen. However X360 is FAR easier to work due to its unified pipeline architecture. In other worlds, developers applying the same ammount of work they achieve better graphics in the X360 than in PS3. If at the beginning of next gen ATI got something NVIDIA not then most likely they'll have exclusivity in producing GPUs to consoles.

LOL. If you make a thread with a title like that, make sure the comparisson does not favour the 360. What PS3 game there looks better. They all are better on 360 from what I can see.

The differences between the two are so miniscule (in most comparisons) that nobody but the most nit-picky robot could possibly spot a difference during actual gameplay. Different doesn't make any one version better. Both systems run capable versions of the same games.