By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developers getting the hang of ps3: PS3 vs 360 multiplat comparison 08

leo-j said:
As for the DEAD SPACE argument, yes the shadow "banding" kills the shot, but everything else on that screen looks singificantly better on the ps3.

Other than the shadow banding, everything else looks exactly the same.  I don't know what kind of strange vision issues you must be having...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

Soul calibir IV looks very good as well

mM
leo-j said:
The DC game looks better on the ps3 as well, same goes with MADDEN the draw distance is better, Star wars looks noticebly worse.

As for the DEAD SPACE argument, yes the shadow "banding" kills the shot, but everything else on that screen looks singificantly better on the ps3.

seriously...whats the point of such blatant lying when anyone who goes to look at them can easily tell the ps3 versions dont look better.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Im not lying, atleast my computer screen isnt..

The whole character in DEAD SPACE looks better on the ps3, Everything seems to look better expecially the lighting.

Soul calibur IV looks notciebly better as well

the DC game looks better lighting wise

Madden's draw distance(still looks like crap imo) looks less" blurry"

Star wars looks very bad on the ps3 compared to the 360

Thats what Im seeing on my computer screen

mM
MrBubbles said:
leo-j said:
The DC game looks better on the ps3 as well, same goes with MADDEN the draw distance is better, Star wars looks noticebly worse.

seriously...whats the point of such blatant lying when anyone who goes to look at them can easily tell the ps3 versions dont look better.

the ps3 is the lead platform for the game and the game looks worst on it .. man i said that to sony fans before .. the games are great in the ps3 but not the graphics .. i didnt bought my ps3 becaus its have a great graphics no i bought it because its have some great games.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

The whole character in DEAD SPACE looks better on the ps3, Everything seems to look better expecially the lighting.

Brightness/Gamma settings =/= "lighting," you realize.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

leo-j said:

yah also fallout 3 looks better on the ps3 .... ??!!! wtf!

leo-j said:

whats your take on fallout3 looking better on the 360?

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

NNN2004 said: 

the ps3 is the lead platform for the game and the game looks worst on it .. man i said that to sony fans before .. the games are great in the ps3 but not the graphics .. i didnt bought my ps3 becaus its have a great graphics no i bought it because its have some great games.

If the ps3 were lead platform, the game cant look worse on the ps3.seeing as its a ps3 to 360 port, its either identicle or there is something wrong

Also the PS3 has the best looking games on consoles this gen, what are you trying to create with your "NOT GOOD GRAPHICS" argument?

Im not trying to start  a flamewar, also its not brightness/gamma settings, its called FULL RGB super white, PS3 games look miles better when put to those settings(I still dont think gamespot used it, seeing as not all 360's use HDMI, and they cant compare an HDMI ps3 with a component cable 360).

mM

The reality is almost all games look so similar its just stupid to make comparisons. Tiny graphics differences will not make of break the 360 or ps3. If you want to compare, compare exclusives as they're the only thing that make these two stupidly similar consoles different.