By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developers getting the hang of ps3: PS3 vs 360 multiplat comparison 08

haxxiy said:
I have no doubt PS3 has the strongest GPU this gen. However X360 is FAR easier to work due to its unified pipeline architecture. In other worlds, developers applying the same ammount of work they achieve better graphics in the X360 than in PS3. If at the beginning of next gen ATI got something NVIDIA not then most likely they'll have exclusivity in producing GPUs to consoles.

What I can understand if you said CPU, but it is common knowledge and amongst Devs to that 360 GPU is better than PS3's. There is no question here at all. There never has been. So why all of a sudden this comment. This is the first time Ive ever seen someone say this. ROFL.

Around the Network

i've noticed the ps3 games gettin better from a year or 2 ago hope the trend continues for 09 games but i think no game yet that i've seen reached full potential of wat the ps3 can do

Play Me

Staude said:
NNN2004 said:
MrBubbles said:
leo-j said:
The DC game looks better on the ps3 as well, same goes with MADDEN the draw distance is better, Star wars looks noticebly worse.

As for the DEAD SPACE argument, yes the shadow "banding" kills the shot, but everything else on that screen looks singificantly better on the ps3.

seriously...whats the point of such blatant lying when anyone who goes to look at them can easily tell the ps3 versions dont look better.

the ps3 is the lead platform for the game and the game looks worst on it .. man i said that to sony fans before .. the games are great in the ps3 but not the graphics .. i didnt bought my ps3 becaus its have a great graphics no i bought it because its have some great games.

ps3 exclusive graphics > xbox360 exclusives graphics.

Your opinion. Recently Having gone back over Exclusives on each. Personally there is no real difference to the eye between MGS4, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears 1, Uncharted and GT5p. If we are all honest the differences between these games on a whole are quite minute. Apart from Gears 2 currently the rest are pretty equal, and I expect KZ2 to be up around Gears2 as well.

It's about pure honesty, Their is no real discernable difference between alot of Exclusives. You can name what you want, and I can do the same. But at the end of the day Gear1 first game this gen that wowed me. Everything in between that and Gears 2 was just slight upgrades whether it's Uncharted or Mass Effect. The next 2 games to wow me since Dec 2006 are Gears 2 and looks like KZ2. So the exclusive arguement is far to old. Because I see no difference if I'm honest. Fanboys who cant admit that are beyond reasoning.

The graphics were practically the same in all the games, except The Force Unleashed in which the outdoor environment looks definitely better on the 360. There's a huge difference in the shadows.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Not sure what the origianl poster was talking about. The two games he mentioned had better lighting and textures on the 360, which is pretty much what we have come to expect.

People should be happy with the PS3 the way it is and stop trying to compare it to the 360.

Around the Network

Most of them look to close to matter to me...

4 ≈ One

selnor said:
Staude said:
NNN2004 said:
MrBubbles said:
leo-j said:
The DC game looks better on the ps3 as well, same goes with MADDEN the draw distance is better, Star wars looks noticebly worse.

As for the DEAD SPACE argument, yes the shadow "banding" kills the shot, but everything else on that screen looks singificantly better on the ps3.

seriously...whats the point of such blatant lying when anyone who goes to look at them can easily tell the ps3 versions dont look better.

the ps3 is the lead platform for the game and the game looks worst on it .. man i said that to sony fans before .. the games are great in the ps3 but not the graphics .. i didnt bought my ps3 becaus its have a great graphics no i bought it because its have some great games.

ps3 exclusive graphics > xbox360 exclusives graphics.

Your opinion. Recently Having gone back over Exclusives on each. Personally there is no real difference to the eye between MGS4, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Gears 1, Uncharted and GT5p. If we are all honest the differences between these games on a whole are quite minute. Apart from Gears 2 currently the rest are pretty equal, and I expect KZ2 to be up around Gears2 as well.

It's about pure honesty, Their is no real discernable difference between alot of Exclusives. You can name what you want, and I can do the same. But at the end of the day Gear1 first game this gen that wowed me. Everything in between that and Gears 2 was just slight upgrades whether it's Uncharted or Mass Effect. The next 2 games to wow me since Dec 2006 are Gears 2 and looks like KZ2. So the exclusive arguement is far to old. Because I see no difference if I'm honest. Fanboys who cant admit that are beyond reasoning.

Really ? Uncharted was the first game that wow'd me this gen. MGS4 did it again. It's not just about 1 thing in the graphics, it's how well it all comes together to get you into this atmosphere and how this amazing story is told. Comes together with really good gameplay and voice acting :) .. next one will possibly be Killzone 2. Depends on how well it all comes together (story aswell)

Check out my game about moles ^

yes fallout 3 ,,ha ha ha ha ha

To me, both look the same with the edge going to the 360 in some areas.

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

CGI-Quality said:
As an owner of Dead Space for PS3 and 360, I agree with leo-j, the PS3 versoon does look better. More vibrant colors and sharper textures stood out to me the most. However, I would not say the difference is great, infact they're minimal but they do exist in PS3's favor IMO. I think there were several multiplats in 08 that faired better on PS3: Burnout Paradise, Dead Space, Dark Sector, NHL 09, Fifa Soccer 09, Mirror's Edge, DMC4. To me all the others were either even or faired better on Xbox 360. But to be honest, this is just fighting for scraps. PS3 does some things better than 360 and vice versa. Muliplats will NEVER prove what is system is truly capable of, and that definitely exists in the case of PS3 as well as 360.

Why would you buy the same game for both systems?  I am sorry but I must call bullsheot. :P

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!