By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Developers getting the hang of ps3: PS3 vs 360 multiplat comparison 08

honestly i think that in a blind test the vast majority of the world population coudn't tell the difference between the ps3 and the x360 version of almost every multiplat game.

come on: you have to take a snapshot of the game...increase its size...and THEN you discover that the x360 (or the PS3) version has SLIGHTLY sharper textures.

Please accept the truth (=99% of the multiplat games are from a practical point of view completely identical) and stop this madness.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ damn

You can call whatever you want, it still does not prove you know what you are talking about, which you don't, but yeah my game library says it all, good day now.

I don't know what I am talking about?  I was just asking you a question, which was still unanswered so I will ask you again.

Why would you buy the same game for both platforms?  Got extra money to burn?  A gift from your Mum?  Just curious.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

selnor said:
LOL. If you make a thread with a title like that, make sure the comparisson does not favour the 360. What PS3 game there looks better. They all are better on 360 from what I can see.

Why discredit leo-j's threads when yours (in my opinion) are probably in the region of 10 to 15 times worse. I still remember that thread of yours where you said that Far Cry 2 was better looking than Heavy Rain, and that Killzone 2 was insignificant to Alan Wake.............LOL:)

Er Call of Duty looks 'noticebly' better on the PS3? And Dead Space looks 'significantly' better? I can't tell from those screenshots and my screen resolution is at 1920 x 1440.

I'm sure those who actually compared the games side by side at Gamespot and IGN (amongst others) would have made it clear if that was the case.

damndl0ser said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ damn

You can call whatever you want, it still does not prove you know what you are talking about, which you don't, but yeah my game library says it all, good day now.

I don't know what I am talking about?  I was just asking you a question, which was still unanswered so I will ask you again.

Why would you buy the same game for both platforms?  Got extra money to burn?  A gift from your Mum?  Just curious.

Looks like this one will go unanswered lol.

Around the Network

And the fanboy wars continue...

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

Nah, those game comparisons still look better on the 360. But its quite minute on most except for Force Unleashed. The 360 version looks quite a bit better especially on the shiny floors where you need better texture res.

SMcc1887 said:
selnor said:
LOL. If you make a thread with a title like that, make sure the comparisson does not favour the 360. What PS3 game there looks better. They all are better on 360 from what I can see.

Why discredit leo-j's threads when yours (in my opinion) are probably in the region of 10 to 15 times worse. I still remember that thread of yours where you said that Far Cry 2 was better looking than Heavy Rain, and that Killzone 2 was insignificant to Alan Wake.............LOL:)

2 differences why your post is laughable.

1. Me saying x game is better than Y game is OPINION. You know as in graphics A better than B will always be opinion and in some cases has added fanboyism.

2. My post had opinion, His post provided still pics of the same frame. Basically as it's low res anyway the only real way to discern from these pics is 1 is blurrier than the other. And basically PS3 shots in these pics look blurrier. My point to OP was at least use pics that work for what he's saying. Most posts in this thread have said they dont know what he's talking about.

And the reason why you dont like my posts is the same reason other people wouldnt. Because you disagree. Because I'm sure there will be times (like right now) where I completely disagree with you.

Guy guys guys don't get heated over this Leo-j is a sony boy ofcourse he says the ps3 games look better.

But imo its visa versa my little friend

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@OP. Here in Plymouth the local Game has cut it's PS3 section in half. It had 4 bays and now only has 2. The 360 has 8 bays and the Wii has 12!!!!!!