By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GT Invisible Walls: Wii, biggest turkey of the year.

Alright squirrel, 28 games released in 2008 with a score of 75% or above. The 360 has 64, and the PS3 has 52.

Out of the 28 on wii, how many are $10-$15 simplistic wiiware titles that are a fun romp for an hour or two? How many are actual retail games?  How many of them should have been wiiware titles that got sold at full price because the publisher knew they could get away with it (I can count a few on that list)?  How many of them have a superior version on the HD consoles? That list gets real short real fast. The wii just isn't outputting the same level of quality games as the other platforms (including Nintendo's own DS). I mean when you're throwing a remake of a GBA game and tetris up and saying "See!! See!! It's releasing plenty of great games, they just haven't played them!" then that should raise a couple of flags.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

And if you want to break it down further.

games with a score of 90+ released in 2008 (the real cream of the crop)

Wii:3
PS3:6
360:6

85+ (The really great games)

Wii:6
PS3:20
360:23

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:

Alright squirrel, 28 games released in 2008 with a score of 75% or above. The 360 has 64, and the PS3 has 52.

Out of the 28 on wii, how many are $10-$15 simplistic wiiware titles that are a fun romp for an hour or two? How many are actual retail games? How many of them should have been wiiware titles that got sold at full price because the publisher knew they could get away with it (I can count a few on that list)? How many of them have a superior version on the HD consoles? That list gets real short real fast. The wii just isn't outputting the same level of quality games as the other platforms (including Nintendo's own DS). I mean when you're throwing a remake of a GBA game and tetris up and saying "See!! See!! It's releasing plenty of great games, they just haven't played them!" then that should raise a couple of flags.

Actually it was 53 games released in 2008 with a score of 75% or better, and 28 of them (or 52% of them) gametrailers DIDN'T BOTHER TO PLAY!!!

If it is your job to play videogames, how can you claim that there was no good games for a system when you don't play half of the good games that were released?

Kasz216 said:
Million said: 

Sony : GT5 : P  , MGS4 , R2 , LBP

Microsoft : Fable 2 , Gears Of War 2, L4D

Both : GTA IV , DMC4 , Bioshock , Fallout 3 , Prince Of Persia

None of these games are first party.  Except Fable 2... good catch.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm confused how people can say Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, and Gears of War 2 don't count - yet Super Smash Bros. Brawl does count. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Super Smash Bros. series was second-party.

@Vagabond: Yes. And that's why i mentioned the ones that put effort on PS360 titles and half-assed effort on Wii. But in any case, we run into demographics problem (especially now, when Metacritic have been thrown in). It doesn't matter if PS360 would've had hundred games with perfect scores, if they don't interest the demographics. For me, Wii had more interesting titles than PS360.

After all, the difference in 3rd party quality support can be found in the most highes rated games group.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
And if you want to break it down further.

games with a score of 90+ released in 2008 (the real cream of the crop)

Wii:3
PS3:6
360:6

85+ (The really great games)

Wii:6
PS3:20
360:23

I think this is the real issue right here.  No matter whose "fault" you consider it to be, the Wii just doesn't get as much quality software as the PS3 and 360.  Granted, what's there is outstanding (Mario, Zelda, etc.).  It's just that for gamers who buy titles at a decent clip, it's easy to run the well dry fast on the Wii.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

great video i thoroughly enjoyed watching it.

Geeze, I bought 11 Wii games this year. Guess that makes me a sucker for turkeys.

(Mmmm... turkey...)

bdbdbd said:
@Vagabond: Yes. And that's why i mentioned the ones that put effort on PS360 titles and half-assed effort on Wii. But in any case, we run into demographics problem (especially now, when Metacritic have been thrown in). It doesn't matter if PS360 would've had hundred games with perfect scores, if they don't interest the demographics. For me, Wii had more interesting titles than PS360.

After all, the difference in 3rd party quality support can be found in the most highes rated games group.

Judging by your game collection (assuming it's up-to-date), you seem to only care about nintendo's own titles. If that's all you care about, then ofcourse in your eyes the Wii has more interesting titles than the ps3 or 360.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

HappySqurriel said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Out of the 28 on wii, how many are $10-$15 simplistic wiiware titles that are a fun romp for an hour or two? How many are actual retail games? How many of them should have been wiiware titles that got sold at full price because the publisher knew they could get away with it (I can count a few on that list)? How many of them have a superior version on the HD consoles? That list gets real short real fast. The wii just isn't outputting the same level of quality games as the other platforms (including Nintendo's own DS). I mean when you're throwing a remake of a GBA game and tetris up and saying "See!! See!! It's releasing plenty of great games, they just haven't played them!" then that should raise a couple of flags.

Actually it was 53 games released in 2008 with a score of 75% or better, and 28 of them (or 52% of them) gametrailers DIDN'T BOTHER TO PLAY!!!

If it is your job to play videogames, how can you claim that there was no good games for a system when you don't play half of the good games that were released?

...that's if you count any game that has a single review. It drops to 42 if you do it at a modest 5 reviews, and down to 32 at 10 reviews. At 20 reviews (what I did for the PS360) it drops to a paultry 16.

At anything with 1 review "world snooker championship counts in your list, as does "Pajama sam in don't fear the dark", and "allstar cheerleader". Going by a single review the 360 jumps to over 80 titles above 75%. I'm not going to find out how many of those 80 they never reviewed.

And again, if you're bragging about remakes of GBA games as your "aha, gotcha!" move then there is a serious problem.

And again, look at the difference once you reach 85% and above. The support it's getting has been terrible this year.