By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GT Invisible Walls: Wii, biggest turkey of the year.

woopah said:
as ive said countless times 'its like the nitnendo conference never happened'

also these games were all announced by showing gameplay. i mean, have we had in game video from infamous, or GOW3, or FFXIIIVS? i dont think we have western release dates for those titles either.

im not trolling im just saying just cos we dont have release dates doesnt mean there not coming. if you thought that you would be as bad as trstres. actualy youd be better than trestres, he still thinks we wont see S&P2 or punchout in the west depite both of them confirmed for Q1 2009

Nope, but we have some CG videos and a guy who says they "look great". That's enough to get me hyped! And we all know hype = quality.

There have been inFamous videos though. It looks decent.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
Million said:
Kasz216 said:
leo-j said:
disolitude said:
Roma said:

I own a Wii and I don’t agree.

“Pleas make good games Nintendo” lol idiots

List good games nintendo has made this year and months they came out in...

Super smash bros Brawl(March)

Animal crossing(November)

Mario kart wii(April?)

3 good games from Nintendo's 1st party this year.

Compared to Microsoft and Sony that seems like a lot.

Sony had Prologue... and... what else?

Microsoft had... I'm not even sure.

Sony : GT5 : P  , MGS4 , R2 , LBP

Microsoft : Fable 2 , Gears Of War 2, L4D

Both : GTA IV , DMC4 , Bioshock , Fallout 3 , Prince Of Persia

None of these games are first party.  (Or is Lionhead owned by microsoft?)

Point being  ? if there were big 3rd party games developed for the Wii ( not of which come to mind) then it wouldn't be an issue.

Point being you're going fanboyishly off topic.  Nintendo is making way more good first party games then it's competitors.

If we were going with the "Good games released this year total" list.

I'd mention my Wii purchase list is about 10 games larger then my PS3 one... which is again... pointless.

Eh, I'd count LBP and R2 as first party, though they're technically second party.  Both Media Molecule and Insomniac are tied exclusively to Sony.

Of course, I'd also count Metroid Prime and Pokemon as first party, though many would disagree.

Btw, Sony also put out internally developed titles like MotorSorm: Pacific Rift, Siren: Blood Curse, and Wipeout HD this year, though none of these compare to the likes of Mario Kart or Brawl, imo.

woopah said:

also these games were all announced by showing gameplay. i mean, have we had in game video from infamous, or GOW3, or FFXIIIVS? i dont think we have western release dates for those titles either.

im not trolling im just saying just cos we dont have release dates doesnt mean there not coming. if you thought that you would be as bad as trstres. actualy youd be better than trestres, he still thinks we wont see S&P2 or punchout in the west depite both of them confirmed for Q1 2009

They've shown in-game footage of InFamous from the start, and they started having gameplay demonstrations earlier this year.  The game is set for May.

@Makinmusic: Usually we are talking about publishers when referring 1st or 3rd party. Anyway, there's not much opinions whether Retro Studios is first or second party, since it's Nintendos internal studio, just like EAD or Intelligent Systems.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:
@Makinmusic: Usually we are talking about publishers when referring 1st or 3rd party. Anyway, there's not much opinions whether Retro Studios is first or second party, since it's Nintendos internal studio, just like EAD or Intelligent Systems.

Huh, I never realized Nintendo bought them out.  I thought they were still independent.

Around the Network

@Makinmusic: Retro was 2nd party only for three years. In 2001 Nintendo bought the rest of the company.
On a side note, Retro Studios had it's 10th birthday this year.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

disolitude said:
waron said:
i just can't stand the "hardcore games" crap anymore

THERE IS NO SUCH THING LIKE HARDCORE GAME FOR GOD SAKE

everyone can play call of duty 4 casually spending few hours once in a while and everyone can be hardcore nintendogs/pokemon gamer spending 6 hours per day playing those games.

lack of good core games from 3rd party for Q42008 and 2009? are they frickin kidding me?

lack of core nintendo games for wii in 2009? cosmic walker, sin & punishment 2, punch out, another code, line attack heroes, dynamic slash just to name a few.

Its sad when your biggest rival from 15 years ago has better "core" games than you do...on your console

As far as core gaming is concerned, Conduit, House of Dead, Sonic and the black knight and Madworld spank the ones you listed there. I'm sure nintendo will still announce Star Fox or some other hail mary and be the hero in everyones eyes...because they released one game that everyone wanted to see get made.

Cosmic Walker? lol ...wtf? No no, nintendo thinks kids don't want to fight aliens in space and dismember them...like Dead Space...they want to explore, walk around...space is safe for the whole family. Prolly I'll be able to use the wii fit board to walk on the moon...

Get N or get out indeed!

Dude, cut the Bullsh*t.

Nintendo delivered more core games this generation than any other company. What do you expect them to do? One game per month? Get real. If you set ridiculous expectations you'll always be dissapointed.

But in this case sadly the ridiculous expectations are purposely set to whine a little more about Nintendo. Not just you, you're in the good company of IGN, GT and 1Up for example.

Phendrana said:
woopah said:

Nope, but we have some CG videos and a guy who says they "look great". That's enough to get me hyped! And we all know hype = quality.

ah sweet,  didnt realise we had in game from infamous. but still goes to prove ,my point that if people can get excited about CG videos then why cant we get hyped about gameplay vid? i mean a couple of the hardcore 'new IP' are actually spiritual sequels to other games:

takt of magic: sequel to SRPG lostmagic on DS. like last remnant it was disliked by reviewers but loved by consumers

dynamic slash: its basically earth defense force set in norse mythology. looks cool but i expect it to underperform

punchout! and S&P2 i think are the ones to get excited about, possibly trace memory and takt and magic if you enjoyed the DS games.

line attack heroes, dynamic slash and cosmic walker im wary of because of their developers

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
Phendrana said:
woopah said:

ah sweet,  didnt realise we had in game from infamous. but still goes to prove ,my point that if people can get excited about CG videos then why cant we get hyped about gameplay vid? i mean a couple of the hardcore 'new IP' are actually spiritual sequels to other games:

takt of magic: sequel to SRPG lostmagic on DS. like last remnant it was disliked by reviewers but loved by consumers

dynamic slash: its basically earth defense force set in norse mythology. looks cool but i expect it to underperform

punchout! and S&P2 i think are the ones to get excited about, possibly trace memory and takt and magic if you enjoyed the DS games.

line attack heroes, dynamic slash and cosmic walker im wary of because of their developers

Hmmmm, I don't know if my sarcasm was strong enough to poke through. I think it's this damn trophy sig. Makes it seem like I'm some kind of HD fanboy. lol

But yeah, I completely agree. If HD fans can get excited over a CG trailer 3 years before the actual game comes out, Wii fans can get excited about gameplay footage a month after it's shown. The games shouldn't be shrugged off just because they don't have the hype these popular franchise HD games have.

Nintendo delivers more and better quality games then Microsoft and Sony 1st party this gen. They deliver more games then in N64 and Gamecube era and some people are still moaning, i dont know what do people expect from Ninty.