By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GT Invisible Walls: Wii, biggest turkey of the year.

Squilliam said:
Phendrana said:

@Squilliam

Ah, yes. Metacritic lists. They're so great because you can always change the criteria to make any argument you want. Just watch.

Exclusive games rated 75+ not including VC, WiiWare and Arcade.

Except really you're comparing only the Xbox 360 and the Wii, since Fallout 3 for example isn't on one platform but its on the other then you have to list it. Furthermore if you decide to take that stance further it indicates support for the position that the Wii needs another platform for us core gamers otherwise we wouldn't be getting enough and then you can take the whole single platform exclusive idea to its logical conclusion.

The Wii is a mainstream console

The Xbox 360 is the mainstream development console.

(Note mainstream has a different meaning for both)

It's my criteria. I can exclude anything I want. :P

Really, I'm not trying to make any kind of point about either of the consoles' libraries. I'm only trying to show why making these lists doesn't really accomplish anything since you can always tweak the results to match your argument. You even did it in your response by replacing my definition of exclusive with your definition of exclusive.

Around the Network

i just can't stand the "hardcore games" crap anymore

THERE IS NO SUCH THING LIKE HARDCORE GAME FOR GOD SAKE

everyone can play call of duty 4 casually spending few hours once in a while and everyone can be hardcore nintendogs/pokemon gamer spending 6 hours per day playing those games.

lack of good core games from 3rd party for Q42008 and 2009? are they frickin kidding me?

lack of core nintendo games for wii in 2009? cosmic walker, sin & punishment 2, punch out, another code, line attack heroes, dynamic slash just to name a few.

waron said:

everyone can play call of duty 4 casually spending few hours once in a while and everyone can be hardcore nintendogs/pokemon gamer spending 6 hours per day playing those games.

lack of good core games from 3rd party for Q42008 and 2009? are they frickin kidding me?

lack of core nintendo games for wii in 2009? cosmic walker, sin & punishment 2, punch out, another code, line attack heroes, dynamic slash just to name a few.

Its sad when your biggest rival from 15 years ago has better "core" games than you do...on your console

As far as core gaming is concerned, Conduit, House of Dead, Sonic and the black knight and Madworld spank the ones you listed there. I'm sure nintendo will still announce Star Fox or some other hail mary and be the hero in everyones eyes...because they released one game that everyone wanted to see get made.

Cosmic Walker? lol ...wtf? No no, nintendo thinks kids don't want to fight aliens in space and dismember them...like Dead Space...they want to explore, walk around...space is safe for the whole family. Prolly I'll be able to use the wii fit board to walk on the moon...

Get N or get out indeed!

disolitude, are you reviewing games you haven't played yet?

Are you aware that the punishment for this offense is fifty lashes?

Khuutra said:

lol.

Yes I am aware of this offence and punishment it recieves, Judge Khuutra. However I do feel that looking at the nintendo track record of titles and the market they are going after, Cosmic Walker will end up as a PG rated family game. Endless Ocean in space per say. Nintendo can hardly surprise these days since they have painted themselves in to a squeeky clean image with parents and there would be outrage if they deviated from that.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Khuutra said:

lol.

Yes I am aware of this offence and punishment it recieves, Judge Khuutra. However I do feel that looking at the nintendo track record of titles and the market they are going after, Cosmic Walker will end up as a PG rated family game. Endless Ocean in space per say. Nintendo can hardly surprise these days since they have painted themselves in to a squeeky clean image with parents and there would be outrage if they deviated from that.

I'm sorry, disolitude.

This is going to hurt you a lot and me not at all, because I won't be the one giving out the lashings. Who's doing it, you ask?

Your conscience.

waron said:

I've only heard of two of those games you listed @_@

--OkeyDokey-- said:
waron said:

Hence, why people have absolutely no right to complain. They haven't even done their research to see what is actually coming out, instead of complaning 24/7.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
waron said:

Hence, why people have absolutely no right to complain. They haven't even done their research to see what is actually coming out, instead of complaning 24/7.

If these games were worth knowing about, I would know about them.

If I were to take a guess, they're probably a bunch of obscure Japan-only titles...

--OkeyDokey-- said:

If these games were worth knowing about, I would know about them.

If I were to take a guess, they're probably a bunch of obscure Japan-only titles...

Are you seriou-

You know what? I'm just going to assume you ain't.