By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has the brightest future due to wii HD

arsenicazure said:
hey nintendo.. heres wht nintendo shd fix:

-graphics: atleast 720p even though next gen will prolly be at 1080-1440p
-sound: a lil more than stereo sound..
-internet: its been around since '95... jezus..implement it in a good way already
-M titles: coz kids shdnt be ur only target market.

there... now if they fix all that.. nintendo will be competing with the most innovative companies... until then its still gonna be a console that would be cutting edge in '98 sans the motion feature

Graphics being 1440? LOL????????????

People arnt gonna go trading in there HD tvs for even more HD tv's,fact is 1080p will become standard,and X720 and PS4 will have 720p and 1080p games,yea they can do that now but how many are really native 720 let alone 1080p,and once the devs start pushing the hardware expect to see more 720p games than 1080p.

Internet should be huge next gen.

M titles,Kids are there only market?? Parents buy the console cause its family friendly,and some games are fun to play with the fam n friends.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo might struggle next gen as I can't see how they could make their system as innovative as the Wii and it is innovation that has led to their success this gen. I think next gen the other 2 will just copy Nintendo and with 3rd parties not being fan of Nintendo the next Nintendo won't have any significant advantage over its competitors. But those are much bigger companies that can boost their sales by selling at a loss (though Sony has learnt it can be a very bad idea), bigger marketing and paying for 3rd party exclusives (or in the case of Microsoft buying developer companies).

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

arsenicazure said:
Roma said:
arsenicazure said:
hey nintendo.. heres wht nintendo shd fix:

-graphics: atleast 720p even though next gen will prolly be at 1080-1440p
-sound: a lil more than stereo sound..
-internet: its been around since '95... jezus..implement it in a good way already
-M titles: coz kids shdnt be ur only target market.

there... now if they fix all that.. nintendo will be competing with the most innovative companies... until then its still gonna be a console that would be cutting edge in '98 sans the motion feature

Oh pleas shut up!!

Nintendo wants’ to sell to as many people as possible if you don’t like it well don’t buy their system! Mario, Zelda, SSBB, Pikmin and Metroid are all kids’ games so there is nothing for you here!

Let me explain to you what you look at and decide it’s a kid’s game. You look at a colorful game and its kiddy all of a sudden! Or maybe you are one of the cool dudes who does what the cool guys do. (Note I said maybe not that you are) Well have you ever thought about if a kid can complete the game? Well you would have to be very smart to go though Pikmin if you are a kid (-7). And really good if you complete Metroid or Zelda or Mario. Games can be colorful yet made hard.

By making a game with no blood and violence most people can play them. No blood does not equal non mature games they just don’t need the rating.

Sorry for that I had to get it out :P

OT:

Nintendo will have a good future but not as good as this one because the other two will have learned from them and will be more innovative (for MS and Sony that means copy).

If Nintendo fallows the same path as before as with the NES and SNES = 2D grafix > better 2D grafix and the same with the N64 and GC it will be a very even battle between the three in the next gen wars. But if they do something new well that’s something ells they might succeed and they might not. Not all risks pay of but to move on to the next thing you have to take risks.   

Clearly only blood n guns means mature for you. how awesome is that. My point is if nintendo didnt have such a "omg lets try NOT to offend anyone" defensive syndrome the wii might have been great. Yes Nintendo games are fun. No doubt but EVEN sega has tried to do something different and interesting( rome:total war,bayonetta,chromehounds,madworld) but nintendo is just busy milking mario and the pikmins for all they are worth.

If your a fan of the nintendo wii "friend" system then you clearly havent tried PSN or live. The wii is a good system. Pity it only has nintendo IP's and motion control as claim to that fame.I enjoy my wii but i dont enjoy the 15 mins brawl connecting game waiting screen.

good motion control shouldnt equal= crap everything else

lol no that’s what I was explaining to you :P that blood and gore does not = mature!

And all those games are just published by Sega not created and unlike Sega Nintendo knows how to do great games. Sega is not as good as it used to be. Oh Sega is not milking Sonic you say? No we only use milking when it comes to Nintendo games. Every company does it. Creating new successful stuff is not an easy thing to do that’s something people need to get in to there thick head.   

Sure Nintendo is not doing everything correct and yes I have a 360 and tried Live and it was fun but I don’t want to pay for it. The friend system sucks and they should do something about it like have an age range. If you are over 18 you don’t need it for instants or something like that.     

And good motion controls has not equaled in crap everything ells, pleas give an example of what games you are talking about and only games that deserves to be mentioned not ubisoft shit!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

You nintendo fans cant wait till you get an HD wii ha?

Nintendo will unlikely do the same as it did with NES->SNES. And why is that? Look at the sales curve.

If the current audience came in without caring about the graphics, it's very unlikely they upgrade to a system that only has better graphics. Nintendo needs to make something new next gen, into which the audience would want to upgrade. When M$ and Sony come out with their Wii Remote ripoffs, Nintendo is one step ahead of them.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

^ I can

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I think Nintendo is in a very good position to release a highly successful system in the next generation (probably in 2012)...

From a hardware perspective, the High End cutting-edge/bleeding-edge hardware of today will be similarly inexpensive and low energy consumption in 2012 as the Wii was upon release; and there is nothing saying that they couldn't produce a more powerful system that had a tighter-margin at launch. They can keep the performance requirements of their next system (relatively) low because they can focus on 720p/1080i rather than trying to get good performance out of 1080p. And (finally) due to how low performance the Wii is it should be easy to produce hardware that provides obvious improvements (to the average consumer) at a very affordable price range (under $300).

From a software perspective Nintendo will not face the same level of doubt heading into the next generation as they faced heading into this generation, and you should see (at least) good third party support from the launch of the system. On top of this, most developers are learning the lesson that better graphics for the sake of better graphics does not lead to better sales and (therefore) more third party publishers will be able to produce games at a cost where the game/company can be profitable. This means that the industry will be in a position to produce low cost unique and inovative games as well as big-budget conventional games for the same platform.

bdbdbd said:
Nintendo will unlikely do the same as it did with NES->SNES. And why is that? Look at the sales curve.

If the current audience came in without caring about the graphics, it's very unlikely they upgrade to a system that only has better graphics. Nintendo needs to make something new next gen, into which the audience would want to upgrade. When M$ and Sony come out with their Wii Remote ripoffs, Nintendo is one step ahead of them.

Why do you think MS and Sony will bother with Wii motes...they would have done this already. I give wii motes 2-3 more years tops before a big classic controller renessance kicks in and nintendo release the NES controller again.

disolitude said:
You nintendo fans cant wait till you get an HD wii ha?

I can't wait for Ninty games on their next-gen. console but I can wait for MS and Sony games on their next-gen. consoles. :)

Same as i buy Wii on 1st day sales and wait almost 2 years before buy PS3(and i buy it because my parents need new movies player ,gaming just a profit.)

@Tuoyo: Actually at the start of next gen Nintendo is in the same situation Sony was at the start of this gen and last gen.
Nintendo has the brandname and the 3rd parties unlikely try to evade N6 as long as they can.
The only problem i can think of that Nintendo will have, is keeping the controller in secret due to long developement time for 3rd parties. But, if the console has BC, N6 will likely have a controller that's compatible with Wii games, so the dev kits may have "Wii controls" as a setting and finally when the new controller is revealed, devs get their dev kits upgraded to "full" set.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.