By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has the brightest future due to wii HD

This was kind of discussed in one of my threads a long time ago in “how will Nintendo outdo itself” check it out and tell me what you think.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=33130&start=-0

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Roma said:
arsenicazure said:
hey nintendo.. heres wht nintendo shd fix:

-graphics: atleast 720p even though next gen will prolly be at 1080-1440p
-sound: a lil more than stereo sound..
-internet: its been around since '95... jezus..implement it in a good way already
-M titles: coz kids shdnt be ur only target market.

there... now if they fix all that.. nintendo will be competing with the most innovative companies... until then its still gonna be a console that would be cutting edge in '98 sans the motion feature

Oh pleas shut up!!

Nintendo wants’ to sell to as many people as possible if you don’t like it well don’t buy their system! Mario, Zelda, SSBB, Pikmin and Metroid are all kids’ games so there is nothing for you here!

Let me explain to you what you look at and decide it’s a kid’s game. You look at a colorful game and its kiddy all of a sudden! Or maybe you are one of the cool dudes who does what the cool guys do. (Note I said maybe not that you are) Well have you ever thought about if a kid can complete the game? Well you would have to be very smart to go though Pikmin if you are a kid (-7). And really good if you complete Metroid or Zelda or Mario. Games can be colorful yet made hard.

By making a game with no blood and violence most people can play them. No blood does not equal non mature games they just don’t need the rating.

Sorry for that I had to get it out :P

OT:

Nintendo will have a good future but not as good as this one because the other two will have learned from them and will be more innovative (for MS and Sony that means copy).

If Nintendo fallows the same path as before as with the NES and SNES = 2D grafix > better 2D grafix and the same with the N64 and GC it will be a very even battle between the three in the next gen wars. But if they do something new well that’s something ells they might succeed and they might not. Not all risks pay of but to move on to the next thing you have to take risks.   

Except they won't be more innovative, they'll just be more... copyovative. I can only imagine Microsoft and Sony will roll out their respective next gen systems with Wiimote ripoffs, as neither have done anything particularly innovative since they entered the industry.

I think it will really come down to whether or not Nintendo just makes an improvement on the Wii or does something completely different again (I suspect the former), and whether or not their user base sticks with them or sees all the new systems as basically interchangeable (HD with motion controls).

Haha yeah that’s the new word I was looking for ;)

tolu619 said:

I think Nintendo has the brightest future due to wii HD,when they do make their next console.They've always been the most innovative team and I don't think the competition has much to offer besides improved graphics(again?) and engine power.Or they can make their own motion pads like sony is trying to do.This will probably flop because the wii pad was only a means to an end(making casual games for non gamers to become gamers).With a wii HD,nintendo will probably attract the 3rd party AAA support their losing right now(while probably still remaining the cheapest cash wise).Your opinions and criticisms please!

I don't think they need a HD wii until next gen. So as of now the wii is fine. HD won't make 3rd parties line up to make games. It's sales and units sold that will. Which we see that the wii will have much more 3rd party support in 2009 and beyond. It's just that it take about 2 years to make a good game and the wii didn't have the same 3rd party support out the gate like the 360 and PS3.

"What evey Nintendo(and Apple) made and good for us ,WE duplicate ,copy ,transform etc."

I bet next generation's standard controller from MS and Sony'll came with IR tracking similarly with Wii.

Ah, outta control a bit.I shouldn't say bad to other consoles.sorry.

Btw, lets imagine...Zelda ,Mario ,Pikmin ,Metroid etc etc. with improved graphic ,larger world and more "innovative".Can you resist that? :D

Roma said:
This was kind of discussed in one of my threads a long time ago in “how will Nintendo outdo itself” check it out and tell me what you think.

It was an interesting read, and I definitely think they're going the same route as you do- the next system will be the SNES to the Wii's NES.

Also, I'm a little frightened that Impulsivity (with whom I generally couldn't disagree more) and I both arrived at the same conclusion: Power Glove.

Around the Network

"Super Wii" has a good sound to it

"Super Wii" makes me giggle. I picture a Wii wearing a little red cape.

Madanial said:

"What evey Nintendo(and Apple) made and good for us ,WE duplicate ,copy ,transform etc."

I bet next generation's standard controller from MS and Sony'll came with IR tracking similarly with Wii.

Ah, outta control a bit.I shouldn't say bad to other consoles.sorry.

Btw, lets imagine...Zelda ,Mario ,Pikmin ,Metroid etc etc. with improved graphic ,larger world and more "innovative".Can you resist that? :D

*drools*

badgenome said:
Roma said:

It was an interesting read, and I definitely think they're going the same route as you do- the next system will be the SNES to the Wii's NES.

Also, I'm a little frightened that Impulsivity (with whom I generally couldn't disagree more) and I both arrived at the same conclusion: Power Glove.

Hmm yeah the power glove is possible. The Wii mote is the bridge from holding it to wearing it and combined with the head tracking like @bang lovers video shows. It will be closer to VR and that itself is the bridge to wearing a helmet or something ;)   

Roma said:
arsenicazure said:
hey nintendo.. heres wht nintendo shd fix:

-graphics: atleast 720p even though next gen will prolly be at 1080-1440p
-sound: a lil more than stereo sound..
-internet: its been around since '95... jezus..implement it in a good way already
-M titles: coz kids shdnt be ur only target market.

there... now if they fix all that.. nintendo will be competing with the most innovative companies... until then its still gonna be a console that would be cutting edge in '98 sans the motion feature

Oh pleas shut up!!

Nintendo wants’ to sell to as many people as possible if you don’t like it well don’t buy their system! Mario, Zelda, SSBB, Pikmin and Metroid are all kids’ games so there is nothing for you here!

Let me explain to you what you look at and decide it’s a kid’s game. You look at a colorful game and its kiddy all of a sudden! Or maybe you are one of the cool dudes who does what the cool guys do. (Note I said maybe not that you are) Well have you ever thought about if a kid can complete the game? Well you would have to be very smart to go though Pikmin if you are a kid (-7). And really good if you complete Metroid or Zelda or Mario. Games can be colorful yet made hard.

By making a game with no blood and violence most people can play them. No blood does not equal non mature games they just don’t need the rating.

Sorry for that I had to get it out :P

OT:

Nintendo will have a good future but not as good as this one because the other two will have learned from them and will be more innovative (for MS and Sony that means copy).

If Nintendo fallows the same path as before as with the NES and SNES = 2D grafix > better 2D grafix and the same with the N64 and GC it will be a very even battle between the three in the next gen wars. But if they do something new well that’s something ells they might succeed and they might not. Not all risks pay of but to move on to the next thing you have to take risks.   

Clearly only blood n guns means mature for you. how awesome is that. My point is if nintendo didnt have such a "omg lets try NOT to offend anyone" defensive syndrome the wii might have been great. Yes Nintendo games are fun. No doubt but EVEN sega has tried to do something different and interesting( rome:total war,bayonetta,chromehounds,madworld) but nintendo is just busy milking mario and the pikmins for all they are worth.

If your a fan of the nintendo wii "friend" system then you clearly havent tried PSN or live. The wii is a good system. Pity it only has nintendo IP's and motion control as claim to that fame.I enjoy my wii but i dont enjoy the 15 mins brawl connecting game waiting screen.

good motion control shouldnt equal= crap everything else

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business