By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda director wants to surpass OoT

Why shoot for OoT when he can do so much better with LttP?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Aonuma shouldn't worry himself - he already made Majora's Mask.

I'm not sure he can ever make a game as "classic" as OoT though - it was the first, after all. I hope his assertion is not about that kind of prestige and mostly a bunch of PR talk, and that his primary concern is to make the best Zelda the he can, or else we might end up with more games like TP.

"Because I haven't yet surpassed it, I can't quit."

Aonuma supports the 'Your Brain on Zelda' campaign with his admission he is addicted to developing them.

Zelda director don't wants to surpass OoT

^ You think he would have said that =p?

i am sure the next zelda, the 1st true wii zelda will give oot a true run for its money. in my opinion he already surpassed oot, in twilight princess. i have never put so many hrs into a zelda game before twilight princess, over 70hrs and i still cant get enough of the game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

The reason TP wasn't better for me then OoT is beacuse we hardly even saw Zelda at all, they could just have named the game The Legend of Midna: Twilight Princess

and the ending wasn't even close to OoT's ending.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

M rated Zelda would do the job... but just in Wii HD

Let's see what he can do with a game made directly for the Wii (and hopefully Motion+).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

You want to beat OoT? Easy... make an M rated Zelda.

Make Link in to a failed drunk that is struggling to give a shit about life. Make the game deal with themes that somewhat exist in our society.

They should think like they did back in the days they worked on OoT. “Since there was nothing to copy we where forced to be original. I believe that’s why we where able to create a game that inspired a fresh since of wonder in its players.”

Do not look at OoT, do not look at anything out there. Put everything aside and think totally new. lol I know this is hard but thats how they created the best game in gaming history!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(