By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda director wants to surpass OoT

I really hope the next zelda (wii) will do it

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I can't believe some people want an M-rated Zelda. That would be a fucking travesty.

Twilight Princess was rated M where I live :P

he should know better. can't be done.

Guys, really, Oot isn't just praised for "being the first" or because people can't remove their nostalgia goggles.

People are seriously underestimating how fantastic the game is. Really. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I can't believe some people want an M-rated Zelda. That would be a fucking travesty.

Twilight Princess was rated M where I live :P

Everything that even hints at blood/violence is rating M there sir!

And I've heard the quote that Miyamoto would not be surprised if the next Zelda got an M rating, but really no one wants the generic M game the one some of the posters here have said, Nintendo does M rating with style and while using mature themes keeps it from being a total immature crap fest that most people seem to like >_>

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Game Directors should always want to better the work they have done in the past.

I'm actually starting Twilight Princess from the beginning again today. I haven't finished the game, i dont know if I even got half way, but I left it for a long time and kind of forgot the plot. So I'm looking forward to starting that. I just finished Super Mario Galaxy 100% (Spoiler??: Got all 121 stars with both Mario And Luigi :D)I'm trying to get through some games before christmas.

Anyway, I feel I'm going to enjoy TP more this time around. And I look forward to future Zelda games.

Gnosis said:

Game Directors should always want to better the work they have done in the past.

I'm actually starting Twilight Princess from the beginning again today. I haven't finished the game, i dont know if I even got half way, but I left it for a long time and kind of forgot the plot. So I'm looking forward to starting that. I just finished Super Mario Galaxy 100% (Spoiler??: Got all 121 stars with both Mario And Luigi :D)I'm trying to get through some games before christmas.

Anyway, I feel I'm going to enjoy TP more this time around. And I look forward to future Zelda games.

The ending is nothing short of epic, I really don't know why people are kinda cheesed and say OoT had a better ending, both are great in their own right but man you can't get better then the ending of TP for me, it's mostly the presentation but the presentation of TP overall is the best in the series.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

sorry..Maxwell..it's not the cinematics that botehr me..but the overall generic gameplay..for a Zelda it was..boring..really dull

I didn't like it as much as OoT or MM or AlttP or even MC

the game was..kinda boring..the idea was great..but the final fight with ganondorf was SOO underwhelming..especially if you've fought his magic in OoT..(Evil Zelda felt like a boring copy...wich I didn't want)

it failed at being epic..in gameplay..honestly

I haven't see Ganondorf unleash any type of power..at all..he just..died..and yay..Link won..

all I can say is I cant wait for the next Zelda game.

The devs are managing to hype the game without releasing a single screenshot or concept art. Incredible

And I fell for it :P eagerly awaiting Zelda: Wii