By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda director wants to surpass OoT

Oh, it definitely CAN be done.

They just need to do it, and do it EXTREMELY FUCKING WELL. Polish it until you could see your reflection through a reflection of the print on the disc of god, make sure they keep it in the oven for as long that need be, and they'll be on to a winner.

Some people prefer Galaxy over any other 3D platformer ever, after all.

Around the Network
iFlower7 said:

For its time I don't think OoT will ever be surpassed by a any Zelda game.

I personally think Wind Waker is the best Zelda, but Ocarina of Time was ground breaking back in 1998. It can never be the same again. And i don't think any step could be as big as 2D->3D.

But yeah, I'm totally in for a fresh Zelda on Wii =)

As I said, I think Wind Waker is better, but not for its time.

Zelda Wii may very well be even better than Wind Waker (and OoT) but no one of us will ever have that same feeling that OoT gave us.

I have big hopes for Zelda Wii, and I really think Aunoma and his team will come up with a lot of new cool things, but yeah, you can't go back in time and be a child again.

iFlower7 said:
iFlower7 said:

I personally think Wind Waker is the best Zelda, but Ocarina of Time was ground breaking back in 1998. It can never be the same again. And i don't think any step could be as big as 2D->3D.

Zelda Wii may very well be even better than Wind Waker (and OoT) but no one of us will ever have that same feeling that OoT gave us.

I have big hopes for Zelda Wii, and I really think Aunoma and his team will come up with a lot of new cool things, but yeah, you can't go back in time and be a child again.

Which of course isn't to say that TP was a bad game at all; on the contrary.

JTurner82 said:
iFlower7 said:
iFlower7 said:

Which of course isn't to say that TP was a bad game at all; on the contrary.

Of course not. I think it's just as good as OoT, the difference is that OoT was first.

So basicly what people want is Link, with facial hair, bald, perhaps an (ex) drunk and in space. Great. Now all he needs is some space-armor, and perhaps the ability to slow time and we can call it

The legend of Zelda: Killzone to the Gears of Dead Space

I guess we found our title!

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I thought Link's Awakening, Link to the Past, and Twilight Princess were all better than Ocarina. As mentioned before, Ocarina gets its ZOMG revolutionary status for being the jump to 3-D, just like Mario 64, FF7, and Metroid Prime.

Mario 64 was indeed held up as revolutionary. It is still being held up to this day, no, wait Super Mario Galaxy has beaten it. To most people, SMG has taken 64's crown as the king of Mario platformers, and is a truly worthy sucessor. I think Anouma wants to do for Zelda what Super Mario Galaxy did for Mario.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com