By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda director wants to surpass OoT

I thought Link's Awakening, Link to the Past, and Twilight Princess were all better than Ocarina. As mentioned before, Ocarina gets its ZOMG revolutionary status for being the jump to 3-D, just like Mario 64, FF7, and Metroid Prime.

Around the Network
Naum said:
The reason TP wasn't better for me then OoT is beacuse we hardly even saw Zelda at all, they could just have named the game The Legend of Midna: Twilight Princess

and the ending wasn't even close to OoT's ending.

Yeah the OoT last boss was so epic and it brought so much joy to my heart, to finally beat the game! It was the first game I ever really felt happy and achieved something when I finally beat it. Ah the memories…

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I'm glad he's motivated. I for one am looking forward to another great game!

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Oh your using it as proof that the new Zelda is coming. Ok.

I mean I was going to say otherwise "Duh."

Nice to see he's commited even though it won't happen.
(>'.')>

Around the Network

I wonder how much of Miyamoto's "We will take Zelda somewhere entirely new" stuff he said after TP will come true. Not so much, I hope, and when Aonuma orientates the game on OoT it probably won't change too much from the roots of the series.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

konnichiwa said:
Zelda director don't wants to surpass OoT

^ You think he would have said that =p?

Or, if you think about it in the context it was said.. he didn't "have" to say either

Yet he did.

Then maybe they should stop making dirt easy (WW, TTP, PH) and uninspired games (TTP) and return to the old formula of more challenging (OoT, MM) and inspired, original titles (MM, OoT). Sure would help.

I can't believe some people want an M-rated Zelda. That would be a fucking travesty.

No no your wrong... fucking travesty is Ninty believing all their console owners are pokémon kids satisfied with kirby or mario. Thats why I defected to the other side