By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix Expecting 360 To Win In Japan

Neoraf said:

@Videogirl
Well taking into acount your latest Famitsu survey, I'd say SquareEnix is right:

Most wanted merchandise
1. PSP-3000
2. Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP, Square Enix)
3. Animal Forest: Dobutsu no mori (Wii, Nintendo)
4. Nintendo DSi
5. Wii
6. White Knight Chronicles (PS3, Sony)
7. Xbox 360
8. The Last Remnant (360, Square Enix)
9. Xbox New Experience
10. PlayStation 3

however, if you cared to read through

Which systems do you plan to buy and why?
PlayStation 3 - 309
(Planned to buy for a while; want the 80GB model; Final Fantasy XIII; play Koei games; have more attractive games)

PSP-3000 - 272
(Play Gundam vs Gundam; play MHP2G; easy to carry; play Idol Master SP; want the PSP-3000 display)
Xbox 360 - 199
(Play foreign games; friends recommended; price is cheaper; First Person Shooters; play Online games)
Nintendo DSi - 191
(Want to use camera; can play games and music; the old one is broken; Dragon Quest IX)
Wii - 190
(Wii Fit; Monster Hunter 3; Wii Music; Multiplayer games; play with family; the only one I haven't bought)
PlayStation 2 - 17
(Want to play PS2 games; want to replace the old model; the original one was broken)

Also misleading title.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

oh and the title is more lie then police

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

johnsobas said:
uh, misleading title?

Win...

Lame trolling OP, lame as hell...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Very unlikely. Wii is leading the way in Japan.

Somebody hand a mod a ban hammer. Isn't making misleading titles against forum rules? Oh and WTF to the Famitsu survey. You could make that survey say whatever you want depending on which question you cherry pick. Famitsu readers are all over the place it seems.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Somebody hand a mod a ban hammer. Isn't making misleading titles against forum rules? Oh and WTF to the Famitsu survey. You could make that survey say whatever you want depending on which question you cherry pick. Famitsu readers are all over the place it seems.

He's a new user....  lock thread and warn him..

If he does it again ban him..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

omg sorry for the misleading title.,

hope this thread can help for the analysis

http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/11/26/xbox-360s-hardware-sales-turnaround-in-japan/

sounds about right

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Bad title - don't let enthusiasm get the better of you. Wii has just hit 7 Million in Japan while 360 hasn't even breached 1 Million.

They're only stating its marketshare and sales will increase, which they will, not that its about to 'win' anything all of a sudden.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Kantor said:
A better title should have been:

"Square Enix expects the 360's presence in Japan to improve"

Well to tell the truth getting worse than currently would require a lot of hard work :)

Altrough my dream for Japan is PS360 impoving market share at the cost of Wii :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB