By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix Expecting 360 To Win In Japan

The Xbox 360's been doing great in Japan in recent months. So great, in fact, that even traditional, cranky old Square Enix are on the Microsoft bandwagon, painting a rosy picture for the console's future in Japan.

"We expect the Xbox 360 to increase its Japanese market presence even more in the coming months", Square Enix’s Shinji Hashimoto told Edge online. "There is a growing interest in Xbox 360 among Japanese users, due to the release of familiar titles, the increasing appeal of overseas titles, and the excellent reputation of the Xbox 360’s network services".

Around the Network

uh, misleading title?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
uh, misleading title?

Very misleading.

Even then I was expecting to in here and say "well of course they just released 2 of their game exclusively for the console and they themselves want good sales"

johnsobas said:
uh, misleading title?

This.

lol square trying to push the 360! hahah! what has happened to them? man i just cant wait till sony drop the price of ps3.

Around the Network

hey msnolp, welcome to the VGChartz.

Perhaps a more accurate title would have prevented the thread from getting derailed so early.

Xbox360 had a bad start in Japan, but considering its steady growth in the market it cant be discounted. However, it will never catch up with the PS3 here. Even as an Xbox lover I can admit that.

would not be a stretch to say 360 lifetime sales might not beat current ps3 sales in japan.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

at least the way SE said, is they give xbox 360 a very postive impression

wat a stupid misleading title

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...