By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: 7/23 - 7/29

Big gaps on the hardware as well. Weird.
I still say its most likely tracking between the two services.

Around the Network

I also noticed Nintendo shipped an extra 30k Wii's for a third party release (DQ:S) over shipping them for the Mario game (MP8). They had better keep that type of thing up IMO. Good sign though.

How many bundles were there?

30% is a BIG discrepancy... BUT, both Famitsu/VGC have similar numbers....

@Xyrax,

You should post those numbers on your first post, and add "UPDATE: HARDWARE NUMBERS NOW UP"

i can't find out why (in english, at least) the numbers are so disparate. wikipedia has a little bit of information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Create

do they really track 50-60%? because if there's no systematic error (regional bias, say, and there shouldn't be), 20% is outrageous. y-koron, any ideas? and what's this Dengeki tracking service?

Media Create is generally considered more accurate, but i have no clue what their tracking methodology is.

what does "track 50-60%" mean? do they actually get weekly sales data from say 2500 out of 5000 shops?

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

oh yeah... kind of an obvious question... i imagine they cover the same time period :P

the Wii is an epidemic.

I'd say it's not that big.. especially since they are so close and it's only 1 week worth of sales...

Not worth changing anything IMO.

If next week shows up again, then maybe some adjustments will be required but for the moment, I think they're pretty much spot on with where it should be.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

ioi said:
Discrepancies occur. Certain stores may have sold much more copies than others, who knows?

So there's no plans on actually putting the correct numbers.  Good to hear.  All anybody has to do is find out which is taken more seriously in Japan, Media create or Famitsu.  Everybody knows Media create is more respected so you would want to aim closer for their numbers.  You correct your numbers according to the NPD at the end of the month but not to Media Create at the end of the week.  That makes a lot of sense.  

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

I never said change anything. That being said, a 30% discrepancy does seem unusually large.

In Japan, it is said MC is much more reliable than Famitsu.

Some people think the differences between MC and Famitsu are considerd as the problems of parent population of Famitsu. Their consistent is below.

In Famitsu, The numbers of core games tend to become lerger and them of intellectual training tend to become smaller. So, this shows some collaborators of Famitsu Charts have the bias of sales.

As the more radical consistent, a few people consist the exist of intentional manipulation by Famitsu.

In Japan, it is known that Famitsu is at outs with Nintendo after the Judgment about Tearing Saga. Indeed, Famitsu tend to get behind about the infos of Nintendo games. So, they thinks it is fatal for Famitsu Nintendo wins and Famitsu makes a intentional manipulation.

Additionally, retailers cover ratio is 57%(Official data) for MC and much lower than MC(estimate) for Famitsu. So I think it is simply the problems on statistics.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.