By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: 7/23 - 7/29

we saw what happened with DQS when they changed the numbers, but i don't think that happens often.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

Sorry, I guess I read your message wrong Quickdraw. I don't mean to lump all Sony fans together, but there is a minority of the population that tends to be quite nasty. Maybe if the real Sony fans would refute them more often, the Sony community would get more respect.

ioi (if you are reading this - or someone else) - does VGChartz use our own sources for figures, or some blend between both sets? If so, can you state how our figures are calculated (assuming its something simple?).

All - I can't believe they wouldn't count the bundle figures - that wouldn't make sense. Just a different blend of figures and algorithms.

Am a little surprised by HSG - that is a significant difference. Its getting surprisingly close to my "line in the sand" figure (120k). 

PS3 hardware going to be very interesting - might be closer to 30k?? 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

If they count Wii Play, I don't see why they wouldn't count other bundles.

Yea because I think PS3 hardware was only 12.5k according to mediacreate last week, it would be kind of amazing if a game that sells 152k can raise sales to 40k. My gut tells me it's gonna be less, but we already have the vgcharts and famitsu numbers so i don't think it will be.

Around the Network

i hate to keep posting in here but i just remembered the post that was made claiming HGS sold 150k on the first day. Clearly that was wrong even according to famitsu.

Do they count game/hardware bundle sales, looks like they don't.

Maybe they arent counting the bundles ,or maybe those arent the real MC numbers ,I dont see them in the usual places yet .

Killzone3 said:
Do they count game/hardware bundle sales, looks like they don't.

Just curious, but what about the numbers makes you say they don't?

To Each Man, Responsibility

Ops ,I just saw them in another place .This are the real MC numbers .Then either Famitsu and Vgchartz are somewhat off or simply MC hasnt considered the bundles as game sells .