By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: 7/23 - 7/29

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Around the Network
y-koron said:

In Japan, it is said MC is much more reliable than Famitsu.

Some people think the differences between MC and Famitsu are considerd as the problems of parent population of Famitsu. Their consistent is below.

In Famitsu, The numbers of core games tend to become lerger and them of intellectual training tend to become smaller. So, this shows some collaborators of Famitsu Charts have the bias of sales.

As the more radical consistent, a few people consist the exist of intentional manipulation by Famitsu.

In Japan, it is known that Famitsu is at outs with Nintendo after the Judgment about Tearing Saga. Indeed, Famitsu tend to get behind about the infos of Nintendo games. So, they thinks it is fatal for Famitsu Nintendo wins and Famitsu makes a intentional manipulation.

Additionally, retailers cover ratio is 57%(Official data) for MC and much lower than MC(estimate) for Famitsu. So I think it is simply the problems on statistics.

Wow. I didnt know that, so awesome lol.

What is the "Judgement about Tearing Saga?" I'm not up to date on my Japanese VG gossip!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

A couple of guys who were responsible for the first couple Fire Emblems left Nintendo and made Tear Ring Saga for the PSX. It was originally titled Emblem Saga, and it happened to play an awful lot like Fire Emblem. Nintendo was upset and sued the developer...I *think* Nintendo lost, but I'm not sure.

Bodhesatva said:
What is the "Judgement about Tearing Saga?" I'm not up to date on my Japanese VG gossip!

Nintendo alleged EnterBrain(at that time, published Famitsu. Now, department of Ascii) about violation of copyright of EmblemSaga developed by mainly two persons involved in FireEmblem.

As a results, court don't approve the suspension of software sales, but EnterBrain and developers must pay large reparations(total 70 million yen. about 3% of earnings).

After that, main developers backed out of EnterBrain's game and second part bombed. So, we could say ultimate winner is Nintendo.

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.