By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: 7/23 - 7/29

You know, if M-Create had shown 210k for MNG5, Sony fans would by crying like a baby to change the site numbers right now.

Around the Network

I'm wondering if maybe they didn't count the PS3-bundled package under the HSG5 sales.
That may explain why it seems to be quite a ways below both VGChartz's and Famitsu's numbers.

EDIT: FishyJoe, is that comment really necessary? Honestly, it adds nothing. 

Finally Minna no Golf sold less than expected (and less than Gundam mosou).
Hard times for Sony.

Yes it is necessary, because it's true. We have to listen endlessly whenever VGC numbers are lower than some other reported numbers. Now the opposite has happened and we hear nothing but silence even though the difference is one of the largest.

If they were intellectually honest, they would argue for a correction in both cases. 

yea it might be true but i think it's best to avoid the argument.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:

Yes it is necessary, because it's true. We have to listen endlessly whenever VGC numbers are lower than some other reported numbers. Now the opposite has happened and we hear nothing but silence even though the difference is one of the largest.

If they were intellectually honest, they would argue for a correction in both cases.

You know what's even more truthful?
That you (In fact, a lot of Wii fans) group every Sony fan into the same class as guys like Blue3, Washimul, etc. Grows quite annoying to say the least.

And of course you didn't take my comment into consideration. Lastly, if we were to use logic in this case, there is two verifiable sources stating around 180k, and one saying 150k. If anything, M-Create should adjust their numbers, unless of course both VG/Famitsu have a flaw in their data.

20% isn't really all that much. famitsu and MC differ by that much routinely.

the Wii is an epidemic.

The thing is that the numbers should not be off by that much when you are checking 50-60% of stores like famitsu and media-create. Numbers can be up to 10% off, but 20% is just odd.

Quickdraw i agree with you can't lump all the sony fans together like that. Fishyjoe you'd be better off calling out a specific guy doing a flip flop.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Ouch that hurts, to be compared to Washimul. Really, I thought I at least contributed some decent discussion and analysis, however people may disagree.

^ I didn't compare you to Washimul. Re-read my post.

@ johnsobas

I agree. That is why I'm wondering if they possibly did not include the special HSG5 bundle, or if they are just off (Or even vice-versa with Famitsu).