By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: 7/23 - 7/29

The fact is that the difference between MC numbers and the Famitsu/vgchartz ones is about the same as the increment in PS3 hardware sales .....

Common sense points towards MC not counting the bundles .

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
The fact is that the difference between MC numbers and the Famitsu/vgchartz ones is about the same as the increment in PS3 hardware sales .....

Common sense points towards MC not counting the bundles .

Or to the fact that there is a margin of error in all trackers. VG and Famitsu track slightly too high, MC too low and you end up with them having these numbers.

My guess is the real numbers are about 165k for HSG, between the trackers numbers.

FishyJoe said:
You know, if M-Create had shown 210k for MNG5, Sony fans would by crying like a baby to change the site numbers right now.

Hell yeah we would be crying like babies. You always want your favorite console to look good. Nothing wrong with that... I mean, what if MP8 sold 340k? wouldn't you like those numbers better?

Actually, MP8 numbers were severely under counted compared to NPD. There was very little crying about it at all.

Why is Square Enix undershipping DQ:S???????

/slasheswrists

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
i hate to keep posting in here but i just remembered the post that was made claiming HGS sold 150k on the first day. Clearly that was wrong even according to famitsu.

It was just someone misreading data.  There were reports that about half the stores who got HSG were sold out or that some stores were 50% sold out.(the translation was weird.)  So people for some reason took it at "half of hot shots golf has sold out, and it had a stock of 300,000 so it's sold 150,000."

Which, stores get different amounts of stock.  So if 50% of the stores sold outit could be your smaller video game retailers. 

For example if half the stores sold out PS3's it wouldn't mean half the shipped PS3's were sold because those 50% of stores could (and probably would) be places like gamestop who stock 3 systems each and not stores like Wal-marts that can get 30+. 

Sqrl said:
Killzone3 said:
Do they count game/hardware bundle sales, looks like they don't.

Just curious, but what about the numbers makes you say they don't?

This was my first thought aswell. If you compare the M Create numbers to the VGchartz/famitsu numbers they are pretty close apart from EG5. It seems strange that only one game would be so far off.

Also if you look at Vgcharts/famitsu hardware numbers it looks like an extra 25-30K PS3s have been sold, presumably mostly bundles. Adding this number to the M Create number brings it very close to the VGchartz/famitsu numbers. It could be coincidence though.

Maybe DQS is actually........Frontloaded prehaps?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Official Hardware is in from Media Create

DS = LOL
Wii = a little higher than reported
PS3 = under 30k but at least a 16k bump from the week before
and some GC game made it into the top 50. Everyone is like "WTF?"

DSL 150,494
Wii 77,169
PSP 35,068
PS3 28,829
PS2 11,757
Xbox360 3,872
GBM 263
GBASP 228
GC 102
DS 90
GBA 41

Wow, that's a 30% discrepancy in the PS3 numbers. That's a huge difference.

So much for the bundle theory.