By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Closest you've come to death?

I am lucky to be alive considering the crap that has happened to me as a child. Falle off high trees, through roofs, off roofs, playing ball on top of a 14 story building, playing in unsafe water, nearly drowning a bunch of times. I really can't determine which was closest but I've been close many times.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

This time when i bought a new surfboard and i really wanted to use it, even though there was a storm going on, waves were so big and messy i really almost drowned, i gave all the energy i had left trying to get a wave to throw me back in the sand, and i know that if i couldn't get that last one that finally saved me, i just wouldn't be here.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

In the passenger seat of a vehicle that flipped 4 times. Scariest shit ever. Got out of it with only minor cuts and a pounding headache. Seatbelts are your friend.

It was Halloween of 97. The car accident that almost took my life. My dad, my sisters and I almost got thrown over the highway after the car had hit us.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Riding my motorcycle a vehicle was stopped in the middle of the highway with no hazard lights on. The roads were cold and my front tire slipped while trying to swerve real fast and I missed the truck by a foot, while my bike slammed into the back. I probably slid down the road for 100ft. Always where your safety gear, as I got away with only road rash on my knee. (wasn't wearing riding pants)

Another time I was wrestling a friend who we were trying to throw in the lake. He was #1 in state competition (we had like 5 guys on him) but he threw me to the ground with my head about 3 inches away from a big enough rock to kill me had I hit it.

My dad had this bright idea to put the jumper cables in the engine compartment of a 1991 Pontiac Caravan. The jumpers made a connection with the accelerator input, and it shorted it so the car was just as if you had the pedal floored. My mother didn't know what to do, so she held the brakes as hard as she could and we went off this off ramp into a burger king parking lot and threw it into park we were lucky no one was coming down the road cause we sure weren't stopping for them.

I probably was in no more danger than breaking a leg or something, but I thought I was going to die while I was in the air. This one time my brother told me if I don't hit this quarter pipe that had worn down (we would jump off the front and land on the back) that he was taking the stunt skis I was using. So I hit it, but way to fast, and was probably 30ft above flat ground at my highest. When I hit the ground, I left a dent in the snow about 3 inches deep, my ski's immediately popped off and I slid down the hill for probably another 30-50ft through mud and wet snow

EDIT: so I've never been seriously injured, but I've came awfully darn close

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I jumped from a several meters high stage when I was 2 or 3, and my head had to be glued back together. It is a miracle I turned out perfectly fine (wait... did I?)

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I was hit by a car going with 80km/h... I went into coma, but at the end of the day ( read: month :P ) I only broked my shoulder....

Then I broked my other shoulder when I was riding my bike... I was going hell-fats on a drie dirtroad... a chicken popped out from nowhere and Ive pushed both brakes as fast as I could.... I went trough air roughly 5 meters and then the bike fell on me...
The first thing I did when I got up: yelled at the chicken and tried to catch it so I can kick her ass :))

Oh, and there is so much more.... I had so many bones broken, and I was drowning oh so often to :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

i shared a flat with the guy quite a nice fella when u get to know the guy

I was riding my bike down the road and lost control of it (I was on the shoulder) and my bike fell to the left of me as a car was driving down the road (45 mph zone btw) and it slammed on it's breaks when they saw me. I was so scared and thought I was going to die.

I haven't, but one of my best friends was nearly killed the other day, it made the papers (not in the first 20 pages though lol). He was nearly beaten to death by the bouncer of this night club last friday. This bouncer has lost his job and has been arrested, he is being charged for GBH. I hope that bouncer wanker goes to jail and gets beaten to fucking death as he is brutally raped, to teach him and all other bouncers a lesson.

God I hate bouncers, they are scum.