By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New Tomb Raider sales lead on PlayStation 3

SpartanFX said:
i guess now edios will kinda regret the DLC deal

Wil that deal even take place now? But oh well, we all knew that TR is not a system seller since the PSone iterations....

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I find this weird, since Uncharted fills that area perfectly, only reason i can see the PS3 version doing better is for one reason and one reason only, come on now kids, lets take a guess shalt we? ... ... ... ... >_>

Didnt see that coming.

Tomb Raider is an old playstation franchise...its games never missed the playstation cobsole. Therefore it makes sense for it to sell more on Ps3 in Europe, where the console race is neck and neck.

the only thing i hate about the dlc, is that sometimes it should have been included in the game when it came out.
sometimes if you add content later on it is fine.(like burnout paradise, rock band).. but knowing already you will deliver more content before the game is launched makes me feel being screwed.

they now are deleting things on purpose so you can buy them later on.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Okay, so what can we expect the opening to be?

Anniversary sold

Wii: 8.5K (US only)

Ps2: 48K (US only)

X360: 10K (US only)

PsP: 4K (US only)

Ps3: cannot find it

Pc: no data

DS: didn't exist

So that is 70.5K, but if we assume that PC sold 10%, it is ~ 80K in the US only. This means a split of

Ps3: 40K

X360: 26K

Wii + PC + DS: 12K (~4K each)

But probably slightly above this for all then.

if you had read the article you would see that its just uk sales figures and only for 3 days .In the uk x360 has something like 2.3 million while ps3 only 1.4 million so you go figure how funny is that ps3 outsold x360 by a large margin(14th position vs 28th position) and with all the buzz how x360 will get the dlc/demo and x360 version being the lead platform and etc..

really funny

This was just about the worst time of year to release this game. It's as if the people at Eidos detest money.

LEFT 4 DEAD - November 17th

all dl content is rubbish unless its free

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

SpartanFX said:
i guess now edios will kinda regret the DLC deal

With those numbers they are probably pretty happy with the little cash hat MS probably handed them

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I find this weird, since Uncharted fills that area perfectly, only reason i can see the PS3 version doing better is for one reason and one reason only, come on now kids, lets take a guess shalt we? ... ... ... ... >_>

What are you talking about? The PS3 has Heavenly Sword!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective