By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New Tomb Raider sales lead on PlayStation 3

"

Sales of Eidos' Tomb Raider: Underworld are strongest on the PlayStation 3, with 51 per cent of all units sold in its first week of release on Sony's home console.

The Xbox 360 accounted for 34 per cent of sales, with the remaining sales made up of Wii, PC and DS SKUs.

Earlier this year, Eidos announced that only the Xbox 360 version of the game will benefit from two exclusive digital episodes, amounting to around six extra hours of play.

Tomb Raider: Underworld only beat the first week performance of last year's Tomb Raider: Anniversary by 6,700 units."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/new-tomb-raider-sales-lead-on-playstation-3

wow PS3 fans really love tomb raider i guess

Around the Network

Okay, so what can we expect the opening to be?

Anniversary sold

Wii: 8.5K (US only)

Ps2: 48K (US only)

X360: 10K (US only)

PsP: 4K (US only)

Ps3: cannot find it

Pc: no data

DS: didn't exist

So that is 70.5K, but if we assume that PC sold 10%, it is ~ 80K in the US only. This means a split of

Ps3: 40K

X360: 26K

Wii + PC + DS: 12K (~4K each)

But probably slightly above this for all then.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

i guess now edios will kinda regret the DLC deal

Lol. The PS3 fans love Tomb Raider because it sold 50k copies?

And what's with all of this exclusive DLC now? BioShock for PS3, GTA4 and TRU for 360...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Good thing that DLC is not coming to the largest user base. Seriously, this DLC exclusive crap is retarded. It would have been better to just make it a 360 exclusive. They could have generated more hype, and the game would have been even more beautiful than it already is. This would have lead to better sales, and it would have cost the publisher a lot less money. When will these companies learn that multiplatfor does not mean better sales. Sure it creates the opertunity, but unless they make a game that catches on the results are often a game that sells less than an exclusive, while it is spread over 5 platforms.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Kantor said:

And what's with all of this exclusive DLC now? BioShock for PS3, GTA4 and TRU for 360...

You misread a bit. He said they love it because it sold the most, before knowing it was only 50K (which I posted).

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Kantor said:

You misread a bit. He said they love it because it sold the most, before knowing it was only 50K (which I posted).

I see. Corrected sentence:

PS3 owners love Tomb Raider more than other console owners, which isn't saying much because most people generally detest Tomb Raider.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

We have to remember that the franchise started on the PS1 so I'm sure its fanbase interwined with Sony's.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
We have to remember that the franchise started on the PS1 so I'm sure its fanbase interwined with Sony's.

Actually, I don't think there is a bigger % of Ps3 owners that owned Ps1 than % of X360 owners that owned Ps1.

SmokedHostage said:

I thought TR was being bundled in the UK with a Xbox?  Or is it only exclusive downloads for the xbox?