By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Nintendo Lost the Hardcore Gamer? article by IGN

Sullla said:

Epic editorial. I can't believe the nonsense that supposedly mainstream websites are posting these days. IGN, let me save you the trouble of writing three pages and sum up your point in one picture:

Hey, next time, read the article.

Around the Network

@Faxanadu: Yeah, he's saying that the games that came out weren't the ones he'd want them to be.

But yeah, i didn't disagree with the article completely. Half was crap and other half was pretty good with valid arguments.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Resident_Hazard said:
Sullla said:

Epic editorial. I can't believe the nonsense that supposedly mainstream websites are posting these days. IGN, let me save you the trouble of writing three pages and sum up your point in one picture:

Hey, next time, read the article.

That pic > entire article.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

If people are freaking out over this week, I can't even imagine the impending melt down next week.

And Nintendo cries all the way to the bank come Friday...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Oops, I posted on the wrong thread LOL!

bdbdbd said:
@Faxanadu: Yeah, he's saying that the games that came out weren't the ones he'd want them to be.

But yeah, i didn't disagree with the article completely. Half was crap and other half was pretty good with valid arguments.

Especially Animal Crossing. Seems like he somehow felt offended by that game.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Wow IGN they do like post stupid stuff lately, If Ninty is loosing Hadcore Gamers, then Sony is loosing Gamers of any kind.

I mean just look at the lineup for the Wii for 2009, it has loads of great titles considered "hardcore" and some major games are not even announced yet. If they would loose the "hardcore" no one would bother to publish games like MadWorld or Cursed Mountain on the platform.

What a bizzare editorial. The title and the opening both imply that the article will be about Nintendo "going casual," to adopt an overused and ultimately meaningless phrase. And yet the article iteslf says otherwise later.

I can boil the whole thing down to "moar games nao plz." Was is really necessary to take three pages?

Which is not to say that the editorial doesn't have many other, major flaws. The second to last paragraph in particular is amusing, although Cassamassina dances around the elephant in the room throughout the whole thing. In the end, though, the whole thing is much ado about nada.

Im waiting on my new TV before I play the Wii again. It doesn't work/look right at the moment where it lives.

Btw, would the Wii mote work well if im lying on the bed pointing it at the roof? Im probably going to mount my TV there because it seems like a good place for it.

Tease.