By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - David Jaffe approves of GoW3 (graphics)

Garnett said:
blazinhead89 said:
Jesus Christ Garnett, I Guess no one in Modern civilisation has respect , because 9/10 people swear. Who are you to Judge? And FFS Stop passing your opinion off as FACT!

*Sigh*why do i even bother with people like these.... Ok mr.big shot,He is trying to be professional and professionals do not curse like teenage kids,i curse all the time but im not trying to be something im not.

Are you serious? You were thinking that Jaffe was trying to be "professional" the entire time? Do you even know who David Jaffe is? Or where the source was coming from?

You need to do some research or pay attention the next time you decide to go into a thread. First you thought that his studio was owned by Sony (which was NEVER the case) and didn't even man up to admit your mistake, then you ignore various posts directed to you except for the one "that you can't figure out why you bother with", and now you're telling me that David Jaffe was trying to be some sort of "professional" or that anyone was claiming that he's a professional....

So you basically came in here just to start an argument under false assumptions, for relatively no reason? seriously?

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
Snake612 said:
I can't even imagine what the bosses are going to be like in that game. I hope there is a release date in March 2009.

Why do people think this is a realistic release date for this game? 4-5 months from now? They haven't even shown gameplay footage yet. No GOW game has been released with this little fanfare, nor has any big Sony game. March 2010 sounds much more realistic in this case.

I agree that March 2009 is a little far fetched, but March 2010 is too late.

They've already shown a teaser. In July. That would make it almost two years from teaser to release.

I'm thinking late Q3- early Q4 2009.

They do have a nice March pattern going on, and as Wikipedia says (I believe), there was a two year gap between GoW 1 and 2, so:

GoW: March 2005

GoW2: March 2007

GoW:CoO: March 2008

GoW3: March 2009?

But I strongly doubt it will be ready by then. They have yet to show any gameplay. Maybe they're afraid that people will explode with anticipation.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Onyxmeth said:
Snake612 said:
I can't even imagine what the bosses are going to be like in that game. I hope there is a release date in March 2009.

Why do people think this is a realistic release date for this game? 4-5 months from now? They haven't even shown gameplay footage yet. No GOW game has been released with this little fanfare, nor has any big Sony game. March 2010 sounds much more realistic in this case.

They've already shown a teaser. In July. That would make it almost two years from teaser to release.

They do have a nice March pattern going on, and as Wikipedia says (I believe), there was a two year gap between GoW 1 and 2, so:

But I strongly doubt it will be ready by then. They have yet to show any gameplay. Maybe they're afraid that people will explode with anticipation.

I'm simply trying to keep the March pattern going that Sony is obviously aware of. 2009 is just rediculous. Fall 2009 is an appropriate time frame if they feel they can and want to release it then, but I think they'll stick with their March plan and go for 2010, especially if they can finally push out GT5 in 2009.

Let's just say God of War III was somehow ready for March 2009(HAHA!), they still wouldn't clog the Spring/Early Summer pipeline with three major releases(KZ2, Infamous and GOW3).

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Kantor said:
Onyxmeth said:
Snake612 said:

I'm simply trying to keep the March pattern going that Sony is obviously aware of. 2009 is just rediculous. Fall 2009 is an appropriate time frame if they feel they can and want to release it then, but I think they'll stick with their March plan and go for 2010, especially if they can finally push out GT5 in 2009.

Let's just say God of War III was somehow ready for March 2009(HAHA!), they still wouldn't clog the Spring/Early Summer pipeline with three major releases(KZ2, Infamous and GOW3).

Yeah don't expect Gow3 anytime soon especialy if GT5 drops in '09

A price drop (slimline?), Killzone 2 and God of War 3 early in 2009 could attract a lot of hardcore gamers. Then GT5 and Final Fantasy XIII bundles for christmas and things should be rolling! 8-)

I have no doubts GOW3 will be amazing, I love the God of War series and if part three shows off the PS3 anyway like those games showed off the PS2 we are in for a treat!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

LOL@ some of the Jaffe haters :P Simply put, sometimes you need a fuck yeah guy, to make a fuck yeah game. God of war had more style and "attitude" then any game I've played in quite some time. If that's what it takes to make games of that caliber then sign me up >: ) More gentle nature'd developers can continue to make the more family oriented E for everyone titles :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Final Fantasy XIII bundles for christmas??????

FF13 2010

FFV13 2011???

lol you gotta love david jaffe