By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think ps3 has the best exclusive games this year.

I like Shooters and RPGs (but no comic-look, sorry Tales of Vesperia):

Xbox360:

• Gears of war2 had the best singleplayer I ever experienced in a shooter
  • Fable2 is one of the greatest games this gen.
  • Left 4 Dead coop via xbox Live is so much fun.
  • Last Remnant looking good what I have seen. Will play it next year.

PS3:

• Resistance 2 looks good, but nothing outstanding
  • maybe White Knight Stuff, we will see

I disklike stealth and sport games (especially racing - surprise is: I like PURE):

I don't like MGS (Talking about MGS1 and 2 back in the days) and splinter Cell (talking about SC1 and SC2). Both games are not my style.

Motorstorm is an average racer to me. So is Forza, PGR and GT-series.

Is a question of taste.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
Galaki said:

Of course PS3 has the best games.
And we all know games sell consoles.

There's a reason why PS3 is the best selling console this gen, you know.

Please, don't kill me :)

Great games doesn't mean great sales, look to the Wii =p.

@SparantFX:   Yeah I know it is not the first time he said that.

PS3 and 360 had some great games this year between the two of them, no arguing that. I got my JRPG fix, my MGS fix, I even got my beautiful Disgaea 3 and Fable II.

Although to be honest, up until a month ago those games seemed amazing, then I came across LittleBigPlanet. Those other games I mentioned, I couldn't care less about them now. Over 150 hours pumped into this game already and I only just completed my first created level. So eay to just get lost online.

In my opinion I can not say who had the "Best exclusive games this year, but I can say who had the game this year.

Not everyone will agree, but I will take this over another "Dude runs around shooting shit with oversized gun" any day of the week. What did we get, 20+ shooters this year?

@Zen

LitteBigPlanet is "obviously better" than Gears of War 2.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:

@Zen

No, it's not. That is an opinion. Personally, I would rather play Gears, and I've played the hell out of LBP.

Try telling PS3 fans that Gears 2 is obviously better than R2. There is a much greater difference in the metascores between those games. It's just BS. It's all an opinion. Games that are more innovative deserve credit, but calling them "obviously better" than traditional games is a fallacy.

From someone who doesn't get online much, like myself, Gears 2 is a better experience. Even if it isn't, it's not "obviously better." That's arrogance. That's assumption. You're assuming that everyone else assumes the same thing you do. You believe that because the people you hang around with on this forum might mostly agree with you overall, that it's a generally accepted opinion. It's not.

However, that is an incorrect assumption. Most people, worldwide, would rather play Gears 2. I'd bet that out of all the HD console owners worldwide, the generally accepted opinion would be that Gears 2 is better than LBP.

IGN also gave Gears 2 and LBP the same score. Doesn't matter, granted, but IGN doesn't even agree that either game is "obviously better."

The reason that most people got the "LBP is the best game ever" bug in their head, is because of the hype. Not the game.

When the game came out, yep, it was just another game. A great game, granted, but one in a genre that isn't what I'd call popular. So, you stating your opinion as fact isn't something I can condone. It's not right. It's incorrect. Your opinion isn't a fact. It's an opinion.

Is your opinion a fact?

IMO, Fallout 3 beats both Gears 2, LBP, and MGS4 for my GotY, just to let you know where my "facts" stand.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

no thats not true gears is so much better and i'm a PS kinda guy

leo-j said:
I agree, and so does metacritic

well metacritic is bollocks imo.

but ps3 has the best games this year, and 2009 its best by a long shot.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Sadly the sales dont agree. People are less interested unless we talk about MGS4.

@ Leo J.

Games above 85 on Metacritic this year exclusive to PS3

MGS4
LBP
Resistance 2
Wipeout HD
Valkyria Chronicles

Same for 360

Gears Of War 2
Fable 2
Braid
Portal 2: Still Alive
Geometry Wars 2
Rez HD
Left 4 Dead
Ikaruga

360 8
PS3 5

According to Metacritic.

Reassurance topic.
Sony is loosing, just face it.

As said earlier:

Gears Of War 2
Fable 2
Braid
Portal 2: Still Alive
Geometry Wars 2
Rez HD
Left 4 Dead
Ikaruga

leo-j, be strong, and face the reality.
We know you love your Playstation, but pure brand-blindness is never good.
Open your mind.
The PS3 is NOT the PS2. Never will be.

Things changes in this world.
Things changes.

My Gaming Setup

PS3 has Valkyria Chronicles that alone makes it best console of 2008 :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB