By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think ps3 has the best exclusive games this year.

On paper, the PS3 has some really great games, but they're all kinda exotic and weird to the general public. It's kinda hard to grasp their concepts and they don't really mesh with the mainstream, especially in America. That's why the highest rated games on the PS3 have had relatively poor sales.

Even if it was a bad game, Sony needs to start, and/or hype a mainstream franchise, like Gears of War or Halo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I agree, and so does metacritic

Well, if we're going by Metacritic, the PS3 has a slight lead this year over the 360, considering that the 360 has had probably a few more notable exclusives, which were rated only averagely.

However, if we're going by metacritic, the 360 has a vastly superior library to the PS3 overall, and the choice for which console to purchase is clear, considering metacritic and the consoles price points.

...if we're going by metacritic, that is.

In other words, if everyone went by metacritic, nobody would buy the PS3.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I think the PS3 has the best libary full stop the only games significant games on other consoles are Gears and SSBB , but it's all a matter of opinion.

Christhor said:

As long as I get my inFamous, Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 in 2009, it will be even better!

inFamous, Uncharted 2, and GoW3 will be better to you than R2, LBP, VC, and MGS4?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Million said:
I think the PS3 has the best libary full stop the only games significant games on other consoles are Gears and SSBB , but it's all a matter of opinion.

Yes, that's exactly right. I think the PS3's library is relatively mediocre with only a couple of exclusives that appeal to a core audience, and I also feel even those exclusives are overhyped.

It's all opinion. Just an opinion. Using metacritic like Leo-J did, however, will never be to the PS3's advantage.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
I agree, and so does metacritic

In other words, if everyone went by metacritic, nobody would buy the PS3.

You're right! Everyone would buy a PS2.

jimbo101 said:

Remberd i dont count l4d as exclusive since on pc.

PS3

MGS4

LBP

RESISTANCE 2

VALKRYIA CHRONICLES

MORTOR STORM 2

and 360

GEOW2

FABLE 2

and 3rd best is banjoo kazooie even though game reviews are a little bit sad

tell me what you think and post your thoughts and no im not fanboy own all 3 cosnoles.

The 360 has other high-quality exclusives you failed to mention: Ninja Gaiden II, Tales of Vesperia, and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. Both systems had an extensive and superb list of exclusives this year.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Million said:

Yes, that's exactly right. I think the PS3's library is relatively mediocre with only a couple of exclusives that appeal to a core audience, and I also feel even those exclusives are overhyped.

It's all opinion. Just an opinion. Using metacritic like Leo-J did, however, will never be to the PS3's advantage.

lol if you say so .

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Christhor said:

As long as I get my inFamous, Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 in 2009, it will be even better!

inFamous, Uncharted 2, and GoW3 will be better to you than R2, LBP, VC, and MGS4?

I personally think it would be extremely hard to top a year that had MGS4 and LBP. Keep in mind my argument has absolutley nothing to do with sales but with the quality of the games. It's not because exclusives aren't there, but because those two games sit in their own league imo. The only thing that can is GT5.

Million said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Million said:

lol if you say so .

I do say so. So does metacritic. Relatively means "compared to competition." Like I said, it's my opinion, and it's just as valid as yours.

Now metacritic doesn't matter, obviously, but there is no need to laugh at my opinion. I didn't laugh at yours.

NO NO, NO NO NO.