By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think ps3 has the best exclusive games this year.

perpride said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Christhor said:

As long as I get my inFamous, Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 in 2009, it will be even better!

inFamous, Uncharted 2, and GoW3 will be better to you than R2, LBP, VC, and MGS4?

I personally think it would be extremely hard to top a year that had MGS4 and LBP. Keep in mind my argument has absolutley nothing to do with sales but with the quality of the games. It's not because exclusives aren't there, but because those two games sit in their own league imo. The only thing that can is GT5.

Gow III and Killzone 2 bring a lot to the table for 09' and make it pretty even with this year in terms of software quality I would guess. Uncharted 2 and Infamous could possibly complete the package.

Although I'd agree that 2008 takes the edge with quality. I'm not sure if there will ever be a year in which two exclusive titles of such quality will launch for the same system again- LBP, MGS4.

Around the Network

My Current MGS4, Disgaea 3 and LBP, and also my future Valkyria Chronicles and Resistance 2 copies tell me the same thing.

4 ≈ One

Yes, but for me Gears 2 & Fable 2 strikes my gaming style more.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

If we were going by metacritic, the wii would be dead last ZEN

mM
leo-j said:

Yes. I realize that. I don't change my opinions to fit my arguments, sir. I've made it very clear that reviews themselves are simply opinions, and mean very little, even in this thread.

That said, the Wii is last when it comes to overall quality software, imo.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

As far as exclusives I care about, 360 has way better

PS3
Disgaea 3
Valkeryia Chronicles
Little Big Planet
Super Stardust HD

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise
Banjo Kazooie XBLA
Geomerty wars 2
Castle Crashers
Fable 2
Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesperia

PS3 has some fine games that make it worthwhile, but 360 has the best imo. PS3 is a close 2nd though, a Wii... Pikmin 3 has better be good lol

edit- I feel like doing the Wii as well

Wii

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Wario Land: Shake it!

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world

also got mario kart wii, didn't like it

Animal Crossing city folk looks like the DS one with a city area, which I knew they would do. Its not a big enough improvment to justify more than a $20 purchase for me.

Dallinor said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
I agree, and so does metacritic

In other words, if everyone went by metacritic, nobody would buy the PS3.

You're right! Everyone would buy a PS2.

Which is why PS2 has outsold PS3 for the last two years of sales, despite being an 8 year old console that 120 million people alreayd own (probably more like 90-110 Million, but we can assume no one bought a slim who had an original and no one bough a replacment becuase their laser thing crapped out on them)

Going by meta critic, some people would still buy PS3 though. People who like wild new AAA franchises and don't care much about price and game length should get a PS3. Also if you are a big movie buff PS3 is a great choice.

i agree with you, ps3 by far has the better exclusives. and for the naysayers motorstorm 2 is awesome, one of the best racing games i ever played, so it doesn't sell, since when does a game have to sell so it can be good. shadow of the colossus for ps2 won game of the year, it sold LESS than a million copies on a system with a fan base of 140 million.

the reason why banjo did bad on reviews is because the tools are supposiblity too complicated, the text to read wats happing is to small, and that its not as good as the orignal game on the N64. i might just buy the acrade version of banjo. i heard the acrade version is better

ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:

Yes. I realize that. I don't change my opinions to fit my arguments, sir. I've made it very clear that reviews themselves are simply opinions, and mean very little, even in this thread.

That said, the Wii is last when it comes to overall quality software, imo.

not just software, but let me not get off topic

mM

its quite obvious that it is the PS3. 2009 looks good too.