By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah starting at the market place sucks. You actually have to hit up to go to the next blade which takes about a half a second. Plus seeing ads for new games and movies really sucks too. Oh look now Ironman is available... Its not like they make you page through ads to get to content.

BTW how does the Avatar effect any of your gaming? I didnt buy the 360 or Wii for Mii/Avatar. It is just a little extra BS thing that you can play around with or ignore. The games available are the most important thing.

Of course there are things people would like different. Overall great new interface! Its fast and has a lot of easy to get to options at your finger tips. I am now geeking out to some streaming Anime on Netflix. Just got done with Ghost in the Shell. Going to watch Fullmetal Alchemist next.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

Avatars: How Microsoft ever manged to make these things less customizable than Miis is one of the world's greatest mysteries.  I can't adjust size, position, or rotation of any feature on the face. The opportunities for fun are completely removed with anything creative and funny, cause gaming is serious business. The ability to shape the size of the face is also gone. The fact that they added sunglasses and beards does NOT make up for this, and certainly not the clothes, which make my Mii... er... Avatar look like a prick. He even stands like a prick. 

See, I think Avatars are an improvement over the Wii because at least MS recognizes that people can have red hair.  :-p

Overall, I don't think NXE is something people should be flipping out over but I think it's good.  Netflix works great, the HDD installs are great (finally made me buy a 120gig HDD), and I think it's laid out well once you figure out where everything is.

ur immediately a Sony fanboy. Even if u arent, you now are one. No self respecting 360 owner is capable of disliking the NXE

Spiteful49 said:

Yeah starting at the market place sucks. You actually have to hit up to go to the next blade which takes about a half a second. Plus seeing ads for new games and movies really sucks too. Oh look now Ironman is available... Its not like they make you page through ads to get to content.

BTW how does the Avatar effect any of your gaming? I didnt buy the 360 or Wii for Mii/Avatar. It is just a little extra BS thing that you can play around with or ignore. The games available are the most important thing.

Of course there are things people would like different. Overall great new interface! Its fast and has a lot of easy to get to options at your finger tips. I am now geeking out to some streaming Anime on Netflix. Just got done with Ghost in the Shell. Going to watch Fullmetal Alchemist next.

LOL.  I know right.  Oh no, they are showing me that 30 Rock is now available on the marketplace.

Yeah, I watched Ghost in the Shell the other day as well.  Just finished watching the British Office Series 1.  Great stuff.  About to start series 2.

All this stuff about how great netflix is is really annoying me because there is no equivalent in Europe!

Around the Network
naznatips said:

Okay, I don't hate it.  I just dislike it intensely. I was actually looking forward to it as something to replace the Blades, which I had never been a fan of. And then it came out...

Avatars: How Microsoft ever manged to make these things less customizable than Miis is one of the world's greatest mysteries.  I can't adjust size, position, or rotation of any feature on the face. The opportunities for fun are completely removed with anything creative and funny, cause gaming is serious business. The ability to shape the size of the face is also gone. The fact that they added sunglasses and beards does NOT make up for this, and certainly not the clothes, which make my Mii... er... Avatar look like a prick. He even stands like a prick. 

The Marketplace: Ah, here we have the one improvement over the blades. The store is thankfully no longer the worst digital store of the three consoles by leagues. It's now just the worst by a short amount. I'm glad they finally added the basic sorting options they should have had from the beginning, but why on earth do I still have to deal with the stupid horizontal scrolling of giant pictures when trying to browse games? 

The NXE: Advertisements.  Everywhere!  And poorly organized.  This is just pissing me off.  Everything I flip through is just a pasted thing of ads.  They have whole categories of nothing but ads! I find this extremely intrusive, and barely functional. 

Please Microsoft fix NXE.

I find the only point of NXE was to advertise to me in mass.... I hate it, the miis well i dont care really about them, there is nothing special to do with them just a gimic, something on the level of what home is supposed to be would make some sense to have them other wise why have them.  I dont find the market place to be an improvement I find it to be a major let down and very poor implementation of UI

though the popup submenu is all I could have dreamed of with a redesign of blades.... I wish i could make that my only menu 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

The interface is obviously better. I agree that the avatars sucks compared to the Mii. My avatar looks nothing like me while my Mii looks a lot like me. My gf found it a real pain creating her avatar because the girl mouths look really weird. The ads are annoying as well. At least, it's much better than the old crap.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

NNN2004 said:
konnichiwa said:
And you can't also gave the male avatars woman clothes damned why MS X_X...

why u want that ??? are u Awesome ?

Yes.