By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:
And you can't also gave the male avatars woman clothes damned why MS X_X...

why u want that ??? are u .. ?

Around the Network

I just like games, and I like being able to play them in the most unobtrusive and enjoyable way possible. NXE is not this. Wii channels are easier to navigate heh. At least I can organize those.

kowenicki said:
naz.. personal choice... its all about personal choice. I think the wii channels are a joke. slooooooowwww. PSN in europe is crappy - admittedly in the US it is much much better.

Why is the PSN crappy in Europe?

Also, why is the PSN coming into this, we should be comparing the XMB if you are going to compare anything

So they made it easier to buy stuff (ads, Netflix, Marketplace) and turned up the Vista-like shiny candy?

Yup, that sounds like MS.

XMB and Wii channels are what a video game console interface should be.. Everything is right there in front of you.. I do dislike the loading times of the Wii channels but thats a hardware issue.. The interface is fantastic for the Wii Remote.

Around the Network

I think the default position is stupid..I don't use the Marketplace, stop shoving it in my face.

While I overall like the new menu much better than the blades, I think they also have a lot of unnecessary content in there, and it should be made a bit smaller like someone above said.

The avatars are another attempt to beat Sony - I don't care what anyone says. They wanted to shove these crappy avatars out the door, and theres going to be updates that make them better little by little. MS just wanted to beat Sony's Home service, so now when Home comes out people will say 'They copied MS's avatars!' It's like your old 360 that RROD, except instead you look like 5 of your friends..they'll release 'Jasper Avatars' in a little while..

Like I said tho, overall it's nice...honestly, besides the look of the menu (not so much how it works), the only good thing to come out of this is group private chats, which is enough to make me happy. Well ok, that and being able to install your games. I have an elite and I've bought 1 arcade game..it's about time I start using the HDD for something.

@ kowenicki

naz.. personal choice... its all about personal choice. I think the wii channels are a joke. slooooooowwww. PSN in europe is crappy - admittedly in the US it is much much better.

?

Why? It has been (near) lag free for me all of the time.

If you mean the PS store, it does not matter much to me if I go to the US store or European store. Almost identical.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I think they all have their faults.

My favourite is probably
Xbox for functionality.
Ps3 for looking cool.
Wii for ease of use.

Regarding NXE I think its simply a refreshing change. The coolest thing is install to HDD. Im playing Fallout 3 at the mo on an original 360 and to go from jet engine DVD drive to quieter than a PS3 is amazing.

It's faster, slicker and it's easier to find content. Not that much easier (microsoft's legendary GUI skills at work) but easier. And the functions available through the guide have been greatly expanded.

I do agree with you though that navigating through available content is still convoluted and the many "showcase" categories they've got on every horizontal menu (you know, inside xbox, popular titles, etc) aren't helping.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

I have not had the run in with ads that you have. I have seen a Subway ad and that is pretty much the only ad that has nothing to do with something that is available on the marketplace. I actually like it when they advertise for movies and shows and dlc for things on the marketplace because perhaps I did not know about it.

I enjoy that they show upcoming events.

I enjoy Netflix immensely.

I enjoy the fact that titles now have much more information available. Screenshots, videos, description, DLC is available from the game's menu as well.

I enjoy the new UI and find it VERY easy to get to what I want.

The only thing I do not like about Avatars is the fact that I cannot make it obese. That would be hilarious.