By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
JaggedSac said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Avatar customization is limited because they want to monetize it.

It's already started, I heard the NG2 NXE Theme comes bundled with some clothes...

But MS itself is releasing free content every two weeks for the next 6 months.  So 12 free rollouts of Avatar customization options.  That should be enough to provide more variation in avatars than there is now.

But won't additional content just be new clothes etc? they won't be adding feature position functions (being able to move eyes together etc)

Around the Network

I played around with NXE myself the day it came out, I hated it, I really liked the blades over it, and the avatar system was offensive to say the least. I mean like Naz said they managed to have less customization then Mii's the only real thing they added was clothes and then you have to pay for... good clothes... It really pisses me off that you can't make anything truly look like you, or do anything creative, and then how things like the eyes section was just copy/paste job of Mii eyes... I went looking at my friends avatars and none of them looked like them and they all looked stupid/prickish...

And the thing I hated most was the ads... and abusive use of ads to say the least, I mean an ad assault on a online system that you pay for... I mean I understand ads for a free service, I mean I played on battle.net for years and you get those banner ads but really that's all fine, but whole parts of NXE were nothing but ads... there's no call for it unless they make it free even then it's pushing it...

And honestly it's easier to find what you want on all other competing console menus, PS3, Wii, PSP all have better home menus... there's no call for it.

I mean the thing even froze on me while fooling around with it... I really think they should either make it an option or just scrap it... or at least make it functional with no ads... really people...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Strategyking92 said:
Okay, now I know you are bullshitting me:
Mii's ARE 6 linked circles with slightly human features.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.  Miis have far more facial feature possibilities because you can actually adjust them.

Yeah, my avatar looks nothing like me, but so doesn't my mii.
Avatars will be improved down the line I suspect, I mean, they just came out!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I wonder if you have really tried or you're just a hater
you can adjust features on your face.
How about clothes,glasses and all other unique features
It seems that you simply ignore them and talk about nonsense
The avatars are obviously more customizable than Miis only if you try not to be bias or fanboyish
And then the marketplace.If you are trying to say that it used to be the worst,can you suggest some examples that are better than the xbox one.
There certainly should be tons of better digital marketplaces on consoles,making 360 the worst.
The other things you complain about the marketplace are simply nonsense.What's wrong with the scrolling which simply allows you to view everything related to the game?
Then,you ignore everything good about NXE.
Netflix,most of the people love it and enjoy it.
All you do is to dig up the flaws in NXE,most of which do not even make sense.

Around the Network

Could someone give me examples of ads that they are having trouble with? Because I quite honestly have yet to run into them. Besides the Subway one.

naznatips said:
Strategyking92 said:
Okay, now I know you are bullshitting me:
Mii's ARE 6 linked circles with slightly human features.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.  Miis have far more facial feature possibilities because you can actually adjust them.

I think it evens out in the end, because the Miis have no customization options outside of the facial regions and the height/weight adjustments. Clothes, even a basic setup would have come in handy. Even the ability of a range of colors for your basic long sleeve shirt/pant combo would have been welcome. It's all what you're looking for now. I'm not so sure why everyone gets so bent out of shape trying to instantly make themselves on these programs. Pbroy made an awesome chick he can fantasize about in between Gears 2 sessions and I made a vampire from Louisiana who happens to be on the opposite end of the pigment spectrum from me. Maybe try to not to get so worked up creating yourself and just have some fun with what the program offers.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Ares said:
Wait, WAT? You have abusive Ads in a service that you have to pay???

can anyone confirm or deny this!??

home is free at least, and the ads are like the one in the real world you can ignore them if you one they are not showed up in your face

JaggedSac said:
Could someone give me examples of ads that they are having trouble with? Because I quite honestly have yet to run into them. Besides the Subway one.

*headache* Ads for movies/TV/Video games are ads too... and there was one section just full of movie/TV ads I'm sure you're not blind...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
JaggedSac said:

*headache* Ads for movies/TV/Video games are ads too... and there was one section just full of movie/TV ads I'm sure you're not blind...

Those are not really ads.  They are saying, "Hey look what we added to the marketplace."  And I believe the section you are referring to is something along the lines of a "Whats New" section.  Possibly even in the Video Marketplace section as well.  Which makes absolute sense.